• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750TI and no SLI .. so odd and kinda sad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SF101

The Printer Guru
I've been seeing nice price drops on these 750TI's you can buy one for 135$ on sale atm.

nearly 760GTX performance @ 65% of the price its hard to go wrong tbh if your looking for a gpu for a HTPC or guest/spare pc.

My Issue with it is the no SLI features.

I really don't understand why they would do that to a card in this range It seems to me these would sell really well if people could SLI them or atleast have future upgrade path of sli'ing them.

esp since they come cheap in a Shortened card cooler version as-well and not at a premium for being small/short unlike the 760.

I also find it odd a 3rd party hasn't figured out a way to enable/add SLI to these cards for like a 5-10$ premium as it would really set them apart from the others.

hopefully nvidia adresses this with a revision or something as its a great little card for budget.

and a SLI setup of these cards @ 260$ total would rival a 780GTX while putting out low heat and having a short card length for ATX HTPC chassis.

Most people will always buy single powerful cards over sli. but that doesn't mean some people wont go SLI route with cheaper cards for a bit more performance per dollar.

I also find it odd a 3rd party hasn't figured out a way to enable/add SLI to these cards for like a 5-10$ premium as it would really set them apart from the others.

Assuming it's even possible, you'd probably have to use that 3rd party's proprietary drivers instead of NVIDIA's to make it work, and anyone who used 3d accelerators in the late 90s could tell you how much that would suck.

the older offical drivers from afaik january/february 2014 should work also for sli.
in ther german hwluxx-forum someone did test it in february. after the newer drivers it doesn´t work any longer.

scalling was about 80%, so I would say, it is a nice possibility, but by now I would say.
Wait for a 860GTX and use it. if nessesary try it with sli.

These cards dont even have the SLI bridge connectors physicly on them.

sooooooo tell me again how someone tested this.

yea nvidia doesn't have sli without the bridge like the 290's do from AMD if thats what your thinking.

Is it at all possible one of Nvidia's partners could do say, a dual GPU 750TI? That would get around the need for an SLI connector wouldn't it?
Is it possible a Nvidia partner could come out w/supercharged versions of the
750TI? Maybe w/more memory, faster memory, or higher clock speeds?

technicaly may it be possible, but i do not think that there will be manufacturer who will do it.

also the coming 860, 870 and 880 will be faster, so that the customers will buy a card with one gfaster gpu...
much more faster VRAM will not be possible by now.

i would say, wait for the new cards.

Back