• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium E5400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I lost my print out of optimal C2D settings and now i can't find it. It was a quoted list in one of the threads. Ugh...

Went from Q6600 --> E5200 --> E 7200 --> E8500 and I must say playing Crysis with the E5200 was noticeably slower than the Rest of them. I was wondering why playing Crysis with a Nvidia 7800GTX & a Q6600 was smoother (low-med settings) than a 4870 and a E5200 OC to 3.4 at med High settings. Once I switched to the E7200 I was able to raise my play settings and gameplay was smooth. Everything else on the rig was butter smooth so I only noticed this with Crysis and its sequels.

Went from Q6600 --> E5200 --> E 7200 --> E8500 and I must say playing Crysis with the E5200 was noticeably slower than the Rest of them. I was wondering why playing Crysis with a Nvidia 7800GTX & a Q6600 was smoother (low-med settings) than a 4870 and a E5200 OC to 3.4 at med High settings. Once I switched to the E7200 I was able to raise my play settings and gameplay was smooth. Everything else on the rig was butter smooth so I only noticed this with Crysis and its sequels.

Might of been the L2 that was killing it. Some say its not that critical but now that we have them with more its hard to go back.

I'm getting massive memory error's with these two sticks.. ie the sticks i overvolted with the C2D. will have to wait till tomorrow to get some fresh 1066's.

We're only at a ****ty 3.05ghz.

I'm getting massive memory error's with these two sticks.. ie the sticks i overvolted with the C2D. will have to wait till tomorrow to get some fresh 1066's.

We're only at a ****ty 3.05ghz.

Could be the NB. What FSB speed are you at? The e5x00's don't go high on the FSB like the higher end chips. At 350 they start to have trouble...maybe earlier if you don't get the settings right.

Put your FSB at 250-300, and use high RAM dividers to re-test your RAM at 800-1066 speeds. Then you'll know if it's the RAM or the NB.

Could be the NB. What FSB speed are you at? The e5x00's don't go high on the FSB like the higher end chips. At 350 they start to have trouble...maybe earlier if you don't get the settings right.

Put your FSB at 250-300, and use high RAM dividers to re-test your RAM at 800-1066 speeds. Then you'll know if it's the RAM or the NB.

The ram will not go higher then 13.5 X 223. If i even run the ram under 800mhz via the devider it will crash. I've tried the FSB method. High FSB and low Multiplier and it won't even boot at stock settings. I'll have better results with new ram :)

Might of been the L2 that was killing it. Some say its not that critical but now that we have them with more its hard to go back.

if the clocks were stock that would make sense as well if he was gaming at 800x600 with low settings. at higher settings and res L2 doesnt matter, so it would have been clock speed/cores that mattered. since MM716 didnt say they were oc'd i have to assume they were stock speeds....

Back