• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's TT Sonic Tower Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mitro said:
I think I'm gonna go get some longer screws and mount my 120x38mm 140CFM Delta on my Typhoon. I never thought I'd have any need for that much airflow, but this X2 is proving me wrong. :)

Think about themosyphons (described on main page). YOu should be able to sue quad 120s instead of single fan - more performance, less noise.

Sentential said:
No no no, What you guys dont understand is that you can position this anyplace you want. I CHOSE to put it that way so that the exaust goes to help cool the psu.

If I wanted it the other way I could easily do such

can you turn it so its vertical with the board and horizontal with the board,,

you think it can do the same on a 939 and 478 mobo..

I just bought one ... planning on putting on a 530j/as8 .. but will need to add some ducting to cool the mofsets
I bought a used 520/AS8 combo a few months ago ... a very good deal ... and it came with a silent tower ... which cooled the processor well once i added a second fan... but the pwm temps were too high for my liking so i put an xp90c on it .. similar cpu temps but the pwm temps were much better

So, in addition to a fan or 2 on the sonic tower, i am going to try adding a partial exhaust duct to cool the mofsets.

Has anybody else tried this?

Personally I use Freezer7, but mosfets and coils used to be pretty hot, especially coils. So I added fan that blows some air on RAM and a bit between base of heatsink and fins area - it's enough to chill them a bit.

Back