• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded case and cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

Hi all,

I finally upgraded my case from Phantom full tower to Phanteks enthoo primo and black ice gtx radiators. I got it all transfered from the old case to new case. I turn the PSU switch to ON position and I see lights inside the motherboard. But when I press the start botton on the tower, nothing happen. I check the ATX 24 pins and is connect correctly and I check the 12V line go into the motherboard also is correctly installed. Why don't it start up when I press the start botton on the tower?? Please give me some tips to fix this.

Before you power up everything, was there a proper bleed, prime and leak test? It sounds as if you just threw everything in the new case and started it up. I would advise not doing that. Got to go through the same ol process again.

In most cases its the jumpers connections from your case and MB. Make sure they are in the right spot especially the power button etc. Just check all your connections. I believe its something simple.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 3,572
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 3,574
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 3,598
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 3,987
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 3,575
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 3,611
Jack.

I am not concern about the bleed or anything right now. My problem is the computer don't even start when I press the restart button on the case. It has power to the MBO I see there are lights on the board.

ps. I run 2 PSU I have already cycle the pumps with water and everything is working fine as far the water cooling system alone.

No body have any idea? I spent so much times to wired this thing up together, so many wirings and I would hate to tear it down to start it over, and I really don't want to do that. 14 Delta fans all pwm and a crap loads of wires. I am also using a 2nd PSU 480w externally to power 6 delta fans because my 950W psu is not enough to power all of them and the PC system. These Delta fan draw 57w each @4.8a, that is some serious power. With the added 2nd PSU I am good to add a couple of r9 290 at later on. I have so many other priority and I don't know when I got time to work on the thing again.

ps. Just want to add. I weighted the computer and now it it @85bls, its heavy. I made a some thing with 4 caster roller and it is can be moving around nicely but its still so darn heavy.

Last edited:
Today I double checked all connections and everything looking good. All this problem about the computer not starting when I press the start button on the tower is that I got a faulty start button switch. When I keep pressing the start button over and over and eventally it will start and post into Windows. I feel much better now because this has evident to me everything got installed correctly. I am going to contact Phanteks about this faulty switch, and hope they will send me a replacement?.

Now that all my pwm fan are not function correctly. As of now it is running at full tilt and it is loud. Later, I am going to disconnect all fans and try to run only 2 fan with pwm and get working correctly, and then I will connect the rest of the fans.

The dual DDC-1T pump with MCP35X2 housing working nicely. I got pretty good strong water flow in the reservior. With the restrictive radiators I had chosen, this setup is very good.

Phanteks Primo owners....

Your pwm hub working?? I can not get mine to work. I connect pwm hub sata power wire to the psu 12v and the wire from the phanteks pwm hub to the mbo cpu header and then I connect the fan pwm and rpm wires to pwm hub #1 and I got cpu fan error. I am thinking ordering the Swiftech 8 way pwm splitter . I got a 45w fan controller and I don't like using it because I don't like the fixed noise of the fan. PWM fan sound a hell lot nicer. Right now I am using only mbo cpu header to powered 3 pwm and I left 11 fans unconnect for temparary.

I can't imagine what 14 deltas sound like lol. Make sure you bolt down that case before lift off.

That is why I like pwm fan. The noise level is much more tolerable in general pc usage. When I stress test and the fan hit full tilt, yes it will be loud. Otherwise no noise issue with me or my wife. I agreed, you do not want to run these bad boys full tilt all day long or every day. Again, fans will only go full tilt in testing.

PS.. As it stands right now, it weight 85bls. So, the fan will not be able to lift off with the case.... :) As big as Phanteks case is... I wished it was 2 inches taller and 1 1/2 wider this would be super awesome. Again, this case clearly was not designed for Black ice gtx radiator, I had to do some cutting to get it fitting correctly and I had to break off some taps to fit a 38mm fan. All that I did not mind to do. I would still buy ths case over and over again. This freaking case look a lot nicer and bigger in person than what you see on the picture.

Last edited:
GTX radiators and Delta fans are kickin ***. I did about 20 minutes prime95 and the highest temp spike 83c for a second and dropping down ranging from 66-75c.

Ambient temp is 20c..

I post up a few pics here.

5.0Ghz idle 1.jpg

5.0Ghz idle 2.jpg

5.0Ghz priming 3.jpg
5.0Ghz idle 1.jpg

5.0Ghz idle 2.jpg

5.0Ghz priming 3.jpg

Last edited:
Phanteks Primo owners....

Your pwm hub working?? I can not get mine to work. I connect pwm hub sata power wire to the psu 12v and the wire from the phanteks pwm hub to the mbo cpu header and then I connect the fan pwm and rpm wires to pwm hub #1 and I got cpu fan error. I am thinking ordering the Swiftech 8 way pwm splitter . I got a 45w fan controller and I don't like using it because I don't like the fixed noise of the fan. PWM fan sound a hell lot nicer. Right now I am using only mbo cpu header to powered 3 pwm and I left 11 fans unconnect for temparary.
Mine works but not with high power fans on it. My old Yate Loons I was using before my current GT barely ran on it. Sometimes they would start, sometimes not, and sometimes only some would start. I don't believe it can power big fans like Deltas well.

Also just to double check, you do only have one fan hooked up to header one right?

Mine works but not with high power fans on it. My old Yate Loons I was using before my current GT barely ran on it. Sometimes they would start, sometimes not, and sometimes only some would start. I don't believe it can power big fans like Deltas well.

Also just to double check, you do only have one fan hooked up to header one right?

Bugfreak,

Thanks for your input. Yes I hooked up right. I also tried Swiftech 8 ways pwm and don't work.

Cinebench 11.5.jpg

I ran Cinebench 11.5 and the results, see pic.

Last edited:
Just a note to add. Week day this PC is running 4-5 hrs per day. But in weekend, it is running from 9:00 AM to when ever I go to bed, usually around 2:00AM . By around 9:00PM the radiators feel warm, just warm, nothing is concern me at all. take over 10hrs period to warm up the radiators and water. Remember, I am currently only running 3 Delta fans, the other 7 is not in fully working yet. Bobnova, member of OCF is helping me working on building a custom PWM booster to run all my delta pwm fans. Because my mbo can only run 3 delta fan pwm. With additional 7 delta fans up running later. I believe the radiator will hardly be warm. But , I'll wait and see.

IMG_77.jpg

add crossfired pic and a close up of the front active vrm cooling fan 150cfm 80 x 80 @9000rpm pwm Delta. Testing out the new pwm controller. My wife was at 7 feet away felt the air blasting at her when I was playing with the pwm controller I bought from Bobnova, OCF member. At full tilt, this Delta fan is powerful for it' size. I was very surprised.

Old setup Crossfired HD6970 2gb. Will update new pics with 2 R9 290x Ek Full Water block new setup.

Been running R 9 290X on air cool for a while and no issue and decide to tear it aparts to watercool with EK Full Water block.

IMG_4.jpg
IMG_5.jpg
IMG_2.jpg

Attachments

• 4-12-2014 8-18-28 PM.jpg
    4-12-2014 8-18-28 PM.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 2,700
  • 4-12-2014 8-19-19 PM.jpg
    4-12-2014 8-19-19 PM.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 2,703
Last edited:
I love my gtx rads. I have a triple and quad.

I once had a gtx quad on 4x 7970s with 4 san aces pushing and 4 yates pulling! It was nice to see that rad getting worked! I didnt need to put the san aces at full blast but it was awesome to see that rad take the beating!!!

I am glad to see another GTX radiator user here because I thought I am the only one on this forum. I added 2 R9 290x oc into the loop and the temp is only a few degree higher, and able to maintained good temp all day long. When I was loading the gpu for 40 minutes and I touch the loop and I did not feel any heat in the loop at all. That because the awesome GTX radiators and the mighty Delta fans madness took cared of all the heat the gpu generated. :)

Attachments

• 1-31-2015 10-55-40 AM.jpg
    1-31-2015 10-55-40 AM.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 2,500
Last edited:
"Yup those rads are awesome. Ever think on getting some lamptron fan controllers? At one point I had 3 in my main rig"

Lamptron fan controller can't touch this mighty Delta fan 5500rpm @4.8a each that is equivalent to about 57w each. When i tried it on my Lamptron 45w controller and it over loaded the controller and smell burning pretty bad. Beside, this controller can not control PWM signal any way. I am using a custom built pwm booster built by Bobnova on this forum. This pwm booster able to drive all 12 Delta fans. My mbo only can run 3 and work really nice. But when I add more fan to it, the pwm signal become corrupted.

Back