• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
THE TIME IS UPON US!!!! I actually over-night ordered mine tuesday. I have school at 8:30AM so I figured there was no sense in going to the midnight release plus gamestop did a pre-order thing where you get a bonus map to the game.

I dont know why its not reading the disc when I pop it into my dvd drive??? nothing pops up..

Max res is low?

So I'm from the Land Downunder (Australia for those playing at home :p) and we had ours released yesterday (Thursday) but couldn't install due to Steam until midnight. I've played a few hours of it and it's fantastic but I am mighty curious why the max resolution it'll allow me to set it to is 1680x1050. It still looks good but I just thought it was a bit odd for a modern game. I haven't added it to my sig yet but here are my specs:

AMD X6 1100T @3.8Ghz
Corsair H60 Cooler
8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz C9R
Asus M5A97 Evo Mobo
Gigabyte GTX 580SOC
OCZ 120Gb Vertex III SSD
2TB Seagate Sata 3 HDD

Any thoughts? Cheers guys :)

^^ is there an option for aspect ratio? Some games will limit the resolutions you can select by what aspect ratio you have selected(since 1680x1050 is a 16:10 res).

Im running 1920 x 1080 ultra with a gtx 570 and I don't move from 60fps. The game looks great but I feel like it could look better. Also install this game on your ssd's the load times are less than a second for me.

I am so pissed off right now I want to break my computer, burn the remains and never f****** play a pc game again. ever.

I installed the game and the MAX fps I will get on Ultra settings with a 6950 is like 30...before I installed 11.10 full release drivers on 11.10 preview 2 I would get 3fps in fullscreen mode and it would be unplayable.

Now when the game is playing it hovers around 30fps usually and the game will lock up and play a constant tone...I will have no input controls and will have to reset my computer.

To make matters worse...11.10 retail with CAP 4 gives me microstuttering again in BF3. God im so mad.

What the hell is going on? I am furious right now.

Ok first off revert to the previous drivers and wait for amd to release the optimized skyrim drivers 2nd my friend has a 5990 and he had fps issues to just turn off anti aliasing all together if u have ur graphics card configured for hardware application over ride than turn it off on ur driver settings this way ur fps will be in better shape hope this helps

Im running 1920 x 1080 ultra with a gtx 570 and I don't move from 60fps. The game looks great but I feel like it could look better. Also install this game on your ssd's the load times are less than a second for me.

When you say Ultra do you mean 1920x1080+ res, everything ticked/on and 4XAA / 16XAF / FXAA? my rig below goes down to 30-40fps just in the opening moving wagon i find it extremly hard to believe you get solid 60's with MAX settings, got to be more specific. Veiw distant, distant objects? all that maxed out? that is Ultra, not just a couple settings that say "Ultra"

Last edited:
Back