• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well if you can handle Crysis 3 you probably will be able to handle this then. Given it being a little ways away.. I think it should be manageable with current gen stuff coming out is my guess.

Course you always want to push for something more. Guess we will know more later this year with the hanger trial at least.

@Death it should be manageable if you can run Crysis 3 now though I would assume it won't be able to be ran at the highest settings as they will be using newer versions and it seeming they will be pushing the engine harder then they did with Crysis 3.

I Got the 325a fighter so now I have everything I need. They also accepted my application to Beta test the new site they are launching on Friday and it is absolutely amazing, very fluid easy to maneuver and just looks fantastic. can't wait to see all the reveals they are doing Friday for the 24 HR Live stream.

Last edited:
24 Hour live stream and new website in 1 hour! 11 AM CDT (-5 GMT) 9:00 PST

SOOOO I got an interview with the man himself Chris Roberts during the 24 hour Live stream and LAST Minuet I got to ask a question MANY of you have asked and many others... I asked about Linux support CR "We're not ready to announce it yet but I think Linux and Mac users will be happily surprised" Slightly paraphrased BUT he said it SOOO It's looking good for you Linux and Mac users!

Last edited:
oh you got Lucky!
I saw people talking about your interview later that day - folks were saying yours was the best of the day with Chris!

I don't suppose you recorded it did you ? ^^

Cloud Imperium Games were not exaggerating when they said they had saved Lots of cool stuff for us to feast our curiosity upon. Their team have been doing Great Work there.

The brand new website is a great improvement in many ways over the old one making information much easier to pull up. (in general - I'm sure they will continue tweaking it)

1st up is the new Directors Cut version of the Origin Jumpworks 300 ship

Here is a link to the Origin Jumpworks 300 Series Brochure pdf for an upclose look at one of the games smaller, classier personal craft.

I have to mention the Idris Corvette reveal was pretty Stunning. It really gives a nice impression of the level of detail going into these ships! (Can now only buy this ship in game and not for $ directly)

CIG have allowed a small grace extended period to Pledge and Still get almost all the Original Backer perks (a little cheeky being That generous if you ask me, but they are always trying to please everyone :))

This gets extra things like:

Life Time Insurance on Ship hull Pledged for (and future purchases til Nov 26th)
Free Hangar Storage for these Ships
AMX-1 Repair Droid
Bonus Single Player Missions Pack for Squadron 42 (Its a substantial 16 mission pack which will have to be bought separately later)
- probably a few other small things that I am missing (I think there is a bonus Space Suit also)

Access to these extras ends on July 6th at midnight PST !!!
So get in and pledge while you can. If you want Access to the Alpha multiplayer dog fighting demo or the Beta Persistent Universe (from which there will be no rollback) then might as well buy Now ;)

(Buying a smaller ship package (with full Aplha & Beta access) now means you can "melt" it later ("probably" last date to do this Nov 26th 2013) and buy a bigger ship more to your taste of gameplay style)

Alpha = Dec 2013
Beta = later 2014
Full Release = Dec 2014 or Early 2015

Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn't have time to get recording software setup when I realized I was Interviewing Chris and not being interviewed by Eric... Yes I was unprepared! I had 5 min to compose myself for an interview and it ended up going extremely well and even better everyone watching loved it which I wasn't expecting but am so glad everyone enjoyed it :D

During the interview we got a lot of new info and some old info and some old lingering Questions answered including a hint that they are working for Linux and Mac support! not confirmed but he said that these users would be "Pleasantly Surprised"

Interview starts at about 3:50.00

http://www.twitch.tv/m/36204

EDIT: Sorry I tried to embed but I'm not sure if we can embed Twitch videos because it didn't work with the

Just logged into the new site and transitioned my account. Other than some feeble "spell-checker" errors it looks spiffy. I'm holding off any upgrades for a while until I see some more ships in the hanger. Who knows, they might fill out a couple of dozen in the next several months?

Depends on which ships you're looking at. if you're an original backer they just added in a bunch of ships as a grace period that will be going away on the 6th. but in theory there will be more ships for launch but they never said if they will be for pledge or not.

Excellent interview Pvt.Dancer. Really was one of the best I have seen :)

@Robert17
It might be worth having a quick look over the ships as some are Limited sale ships like those linked (Links with SC Wiki as more detailed easy to compare info) below:

RSI Ships page : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/packages

350r - Racer
Catapillar - Armoured Transport / Pirate boarding vessel
Gladiator - Light Bomber
M50 - Racer
Retaliator - Heavy Bomber
StarFarer - Tanker/Transport

These ships are only available to buy until July 6th Midnight PST
- you can of course "melt" these later if you change your mind and change to other standard pledge ships between now and Nov 26th 2013.

That is not to say they will not be up for sale again in the future - but it is not certain.
(Of course they can all be bought in game later. - The 350r is rare to find for sale in game due to limited production runs so will be right time and place thing to be lucky enough to buy.)

Last edited:
Ships look amazing, I got a M50 and a Aurora LX today with LTI.

Going to save up for a 300i before Nov 26th. :)

This game looks great I reserved a account for my brother and I months back we can't wait for alpha.

By chance did anyone get that Corvette at all? Sadly been pretty busy the past week and missed the big event and finally just got to see the site itself the other day. Ran across it.

I don't remember seeing this ship before or that there was a limited 100 run purchase originally, and 150 of the newer un-militarized version. At $1000-1250 a crack I don't expect many to be purchasing one :)

One of my friends thought about grabbing one but held off and decided to just get one in game. otherwise the only people I know are the people from the RSI Chat roll. seems like a fun ship either way.

you can also watch the full live stream here

Well thought of, or not it was a split second choice I guess from what I read. Just saw one of the chats on it and all where gone within 8-15min. 50 of them went within the last 3min I guess. Good way to raise nearly $200k.

Yeah I was watching the live stream during that and they sold 150 of them in 9 min and then later like another 20-30 in about 10 min it was ridiculous the chat room was exploding counting down the numbers it was awesome.

Back