• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's my opinion that the only reason they're doing a single player campaign is for the reviews. BF 2 was criticized for not having it and silly editors whine about it. I mean, it's battlefield, why would you care about single player campaign.

BF2 Review

Game Revolution said:
83/100

Now if only DICE can figure out how to address some of the issues that have plagued the Battlefield games since 1942, like bad single-player content and a pervasively noob-hostile atmosphere, we'd be in gaming heaven. As it stands, we're slightly below that.

and I find this funny

GamePro said:
80/100

While Battlefield 2 definitely shines as the most impressive in the series, the lack of advancement to gameplay may give it a shorter lifespan than the original.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with it having a single player campaign. I actually enjoyed the one from BFBC2, so if they make one that is fun like that one then I think it will be fine. I have to admit in BF2 with only dumb bots to fight against it made it somewhat boring if you didn't want to just go online (for some reason).

I'm really excited for this game. I LOVED original BF2, recently got BC/Vietnam and didn't enjoy it as much because it looked like a totaly different game.

I hope they go back to the roots of BF2 with this game.

Prior to BFBC2, Battlefield 2's now nearly 6 year life...has had a larger and longer lasting playerbase than most other FPS games. (With the exception of the Halflife/CS games and Call of Duty series) From BF1942 through today (8.5 years), no one else has been able to create the same experience with any success worth mentioning.

And to top it of, the ranking system in BF2 hasn't been touched by anything else.

I dunno how I feel about the ranking system in BF2, I think it took too long to rank up in that game. Especially after getting through the sergeant ranks (gunnery/master/etc) it just seems to increase exponentially. That and it seemed to have a hard time keeping up with new stats sometimes where entire games/nights wouldn't appear on my stat sheets.

How is that possible being you're on Windows 7 and have modern hardware? You've been doing an OS upgrade from XP > Vista > 7 since 2004 ?

Time travel. He went back in time and took his computer with him, so he could install it in 2004.

:rofl:

There is always the chance that he did a clean install of windows and installed his games right away, unless thats against the rules :chair:.

New video out for it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/battlefield-3/14478

Not much game play yet, but what can you really expect since they have not even given a release date yet. The one thing I did notice is that they had over 300 rounds of ammo. I hope that they reduce that number in the final game. I think conserving ammo and having to swap weapons makes the game more challenging.

That number might have just been put in the video with out any real connection to the finally game.

Getting me more excited, I can't wait to see some multiplayer.

I am very hopeful! Waiting for it to be on steam before I pre-order.

They are saying that this will be PC first and console port later.:thup:

We may just have to restart the OCF BF clan! :rock:

Back