• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista network issues HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlntAgent

i am unable to link to any of my computers or my ps3...whenever i go to the network center and see my connections and try to troubleshoot i get the following pop up...i have tried to reinstall network drivers, no luck. please help

Untitled-2.jpg

This error continuously pops up...i cant get around it

Last edited:
I see the little x on the networking icon so it looks like your network is down.

-X= no network
-Two monitors = local network, no internet
-Two monitors and a little circly thing = connected to internet

-Do you have a router? Have you checked it? Check the cables and power cycle it for good measure.

-Also try bypassing it and connect straight to your modem.

-If you have a crossover cable try connecting two of your computers together.

If your drivers are installed right then you should have to do nothing for network configuration. Your computers should find your router and get IP addresses.

I see the little x on the networking icon so it looks like your network is down.

-X= no network
-Two monitors = local network, no internet
-Two monitors and a little circly thing = connected to internet

-Do you have a router? Have you checked it? Check the cables and power cycle it for good measure.

-Also try bypassing it and connect straight to your modem.

-If you have a crossover cable try connecting two of your computers together.

If your drivers are installed right then you should have to do nothing for network configuration. Your computers should find your router and get IP addresses.

see thats the odd thing...i have full internet connection..everything works fine just wierd errors

Untitled-1.jpg

You cannot install NIC drivers on the problem adapter? In that case I'd try the System File Checker, then try the driver install again.

Windows Button | Run... | Type "cmd" and hit Enter | trype "scf /scannow" and hit Enter

If that doesn't work try uninstalling the NIC (not physically), scan for hardware changes (both via Device Manager) and see if you can install the drivers.

Its a shot in the dark, but you could try this command:

• Run "cmd" as administrator
  • type "netsh winsock reset catalog"
  • restart computer

Back