• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, here I am to say "Hello"... Wish it were under better circumstances, but as it is, my first post is a cry for help. M3F Fail to Post

I swore I had a membership here years ago when I started clocking my AMD 2600 xp, but I couldn't find/remember it. Anyway, I've lurked for a while and I know a lot of people have experience with the ASUS Maximus III Formula board that I'm having trouble with, so I signed up hoping for help.

Nice! Haven't been involved in a computer build since my undergrad years with a slot 1 Pentium 3 LOL. HI EVERYONE! haha look forward to being enlightened.

Hey just joined last night. Read through some topics on OCing the Sabertooth 990fx with the 960T! Very Helpful!

Just built my new rig, I'll have the specs in my sig asap.

When I get my income check I'll through in some more HD space, Graphics card(s), and a bigger monitor.

Names Matt btw!

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Hey I am new to this site and am having a hard time figuring out how to list my system info in list form rather than sentence form. example:
mine post as- Asus rampage lll gene, i7 950 bloomfield, radeon hd 5770, etc....

I would like-
asus rampage lll gene
i7 950 bloomfield
radeon hd 5770
etc...
:bang head
can anyone help? I can build and maintain my rig but can't figure this out!! ha ha friggen noobs!! Looking forward to posting as I absolutely love computers and building as well as improving and learning more. I was told the best of the best post here and thats what I want to be surrounded by, the best to learn the best!! Thanks in advance guys!!

Just sent you an email Ray. Welcome to the forum. :)

If you are inputting your system specs at the following link, it will all appear on one line:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Once you have a couple posts on the forum, you can input your system specs at the following link, then they will appear below every post:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature

Signatures are disabled until you post once or twice on the forums - this keeps spammers from never posting but creating linkbacks in their sigs, which we have a hard time finding or banning. We force them to post so they cannot hide and we can ban them.

Thanks a lot I.M.O.G. I appreciate the help! So much info to absorb here from people that actually know what they are doing! Can't wait to explore and learn as much as possible! Rock on man!

I have been on here for quite sometime but never really lurked. I come from a world of hand me down PC's from friends. I just built my first computer and just started taking IT classes.

Specs:

Windows 7
i5 2500k
Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 LGA 1155 Z68
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7,200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024MB DDR5
Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3
Hurrican 2000 ATX
HCG-750W

Currently my CMOS reads 55-60C but I have used Speccy and it says it is below 40 celsius. Who can be trusted?

Anyway, look forward to searching and learning from there.

xubx I too just received my info from itt tech as I am interested in the technical aspect of computers such as design and maintenance. can't wait

Hello guys, I discover this forum while I was searching on google tips for overclocking and I glad I did. I saw a very nice and warm community here, willing to help newbies like me :p.
At first I had no clue about overclocking but after I read Dolk's guide things got easier for me and the next day I was overclocking my cpu [ Phenom II x4 960T ] to 3.4GHZ easily. I didn't get beyond that because I have the stock cooler which is really bad as you might already know, BUT, I already order a new cooler [which will arrive Saturday ] and hope I will be able to keep it at 3.8GHZ on daily use at a lowest voltage.
The cooler it's a Xigmatek Loki if you're wondering, I know there are much better coolers but I had to buy a low profile one to fit in my case [ which is a Segotep C1, if you're wondering about this too, haha :! ].
So, keep in touch guys.

Hey aly007 i'm new as well here and it has been nothing but welcoming!
realtemp is awesome, i use speedfan as well. Realtemp seems to be a little more accurate though.

Back