• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec case door

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

Well, I broke the latching tab on my Chieftec door. I go to take the door off and I break off another tab :mad:. After about 15 mins of super gluing, it doesnt look like i will be able to reglue the tab i broke off when I took the door off. Does anyone know of a place where I can purchase a Blue Chietec Case door.

PS: How are you supposed to take off and put back on the door from these cases?

I read that super glue was the worst thing to use on that kind of plastic. Worse, once you applied it you couldn't solvent weld it with lacquer thinner or carb spray because the super glue formed a protective barrier. Not only that, but if you sanded or scraped off the super glue the pieces wouldn't fit together as well so a solvent weld would be weaker.

I had no luck the first few times I solvent welded plastics, but then I was told to let the pieces sit a few days before putting them back in use, to let all the solvent evaporate, and that did the trick.

CalsonicGTR said:
PS: How are you supposed to take off and put back on the door from these cases?

In the top connection is a small lever type peice of plastic holding the door on. If you press it inward it will release the top part of the door so you can lift the door up and out then off the case front. :D

Lol, I wish I had known that before I broke the thing. Well, a new panel is gonna set me back about $25, better start saving........

Also be careful when removing the entire front face panel. The top right clip does not like to let go of the case and will 99% of the time snap off unless you take your time and work it out slowly.

Back