• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Quiet Case and PSU!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbiker321

Help me find a quiet case and power supply. I dont want to go on a spending spee so try to keep the price's reasonable.
I hear good thinks about the Evercase ECE4252, i hear its quiet and it has a nice price tag. Around $30.
The one thing i don't like about it is that the side pannel has an intake near the CPU, i would much rather have it near the Video Card.

Can someone help me with the Power Supply. I don't know Jack $H!+ about Power Supply's or "Rails" Baisicly I want something that is around 350W and is QUIET. Also P4 Ready

As for the case I think I will buy a EVERCASE E4252-AB because they are cheap and i hear they are fairly quiet.

I think I will buy a power supply and just take out the fans and replace them with those silent Panaflo fans. Any guides to doing this?

Buy an Antec TruePower 430w. They are almost inaudible. Really, mine's quieter than my dad's laptop (which is a compaq presario with one 10mm fan)

Most reputable power supplies are silent. Antec makes silent PSU's, as well as as Forton/Sparkle. I got a 350W Forton PSU to go with my new rig, and had some problems getting the rig to start up. Anyway, I tested to see whether it was the PSU, and when I did the right test, I didn't hear a thing, but checked the fan to see if it was going, and sure enough, it was working, and very well, I might add.

Soy

Look for the thread in case and power supply's section and find the 350watt Sparkle with a 120m/m fan...I to have extensive experience with the 350watt Fortron from Directron and they are quiet...The one from www.xpdirect.com/ should be even quieter for 7.00 dollars more (45.00)...Get one of those and feel good about having one of the best PSU's on the planet...at any price...:D

Back