• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best case for a dual p3s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I say a cheiftec/chenming case would be good. And that power supply should work well.

But, does a dual system need 2 motherboard ATX power connectors? if it does make sure the power supply has those.

chenming is just another company that sells almost identical cases....

Looks like a nice case...

sandman001 said:
I say a cheiftec/chenming case would be good. And that power supply should work well.

But, does a dual system need 2 motherboard ATX power connectors? if it does make sure the power supply has those.

No, just one, usually they have an AUX power connector to help meet the power demands of the board for running two or more cpu's
Rob

sandman001 said:
chenming is just another company that sells almost identical cases....

Looks like a nice case...

Chen Ming is just the maker of all those cases (Chieftec, Antec, Thermaltake, etc..) rather than a reseller like the rest.

Chen Ming is just the maker of all those cases (Chieftec, Antec, Thermaltake, etc..) rather than a reseller like the rest.

so should i go with this Chen Ming from newegg (that comes with a 420w turbolink ps (28a at 3.3v and 40a at 5.0v) $90 total...

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...55-03.jpg/11-125-155-02.jpg/11-125-155-01.jpg

for a p3s dual processor or the chieftec from directron (and buy a 350 w fortron quiet ps) $105 or ($125 total with plexiglass case window) ...

http://www.directron.com/da10bd.html

Pesonally I would buy the Chen Ming sans power supply from newegg for $38 and use the 120mm equipped 350 Forton from XP direct.

Since you're up in the Bay Area, look at the Fry's ad each week. It's pretty common for them to have the Antec SX1080AMG on sale. You get a great case plus the unbeatable Antec TruePower PSU for around $90-100. It's like the Chen Ming case you linked from Newegg with a better PSU and less bling-bling.

This weeks ad has the Antec SX835II which is like the 10x0 series but without the door, one less external 5.25" bay and had the SmartPower 350W PSU. It's $80.

Back