• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAXP + Corsair PC3200 (DDR400) = DDR333 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aguirreag

My PC3200 memory it's working at 333 MHz., like it was a PC2700. Any ideas?

I have a GA-7VAXP with BIOS updated to F11

Athlon XP 2600+ (TBred Rev.B) 333 FSB

512 MB Corsair PC3200 (DDR400)

Thanx.

In order for you to run your memory at PC3200 speeds (sync), your FSB has to be upped to 200 (400mghz)... At your stock setting of 166, your memory is going to run at 333 (PC2700).

One way to bypass this is to run your memory async, but it isn't as effecient and any higher speeds of the ram is going to be bottlenecked by the system...

Conclusion: Unless you oc your FSB to 200, stick with 2700 settings.

You're running a Barton so you just might be able to get your FSB up to 200. I'm not sure what the OC ability is on those puppies or what steppings are the better ones, but you can try to OC your chip and see what you can get out of it. BTW, while you're running your RAM at PC2700 specs, you can quite possibly make your RAM timings tighter with no problems. Use ctrl+F1 to get the advanced options in BIOS to change your RAM timings.

Back