• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP! with my RAID5 Array! Promise EX8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

i`m having the worst fking night in a long time.

Setup:
Onboard ICH9 RAID0 (2x250GB Drives) - OS
Promise Fasttrack 8350 (5x1TB RAID5) - DATA

First one of my 2 250GB drives showed as having an error, but the OS loaded so i ignored it. Then today the second drive turned red and the OS did not boot anymore. That would have been fine if my other array would not show up as

Critical 2%

After a few reboots

Critical 3%

After i rebuilt the raid0 array and the OS

Critical 17%

Wtf happened here.. i mean the data is still here, i can access it. chkdsk show the array as clean, what am i missing?! :bang head :confused:

A few pointers would be appreciated!

update: today on boot i got 27%

tried 5 different SMART programs... none worked so far on either the Raid0 or the Raid5

Samsung F1's

I entered the bios and hit rebuild although i did not change any of the drives.. it said started and then i rebooted.. after 30 minutes i rebooted again and then i saw
Percentage: 17%

So the percentage i`m guessing is when the controller is rebuilding? i turned the computer off and the next day 27% and at the end of the day i got

Percentage: NA

weird...thats the only explanation i have

Back