• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell and video drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

OK I was think about getting an Inspiron 9300 in a month or so but then I remember drivers. I would go for the 6800go but how good is dell at updating drivers. To the best of my knowledge the standard nvidia drivers don't work on mobile cards.

My friend has a nice laptop but I can't get the mobile video card drivers working. He has a Geforce 5350go and the laptop manufacturer hasn't updated since early 04. The drivers also didn't seem to install correctly....

Is there a source for up-to-date mobile drivers? I don't know of one but I haven't had too much exp with mobile video card drivers.

Hey,

I have a I9300, and the 6800 Go.

The omegadrivers (www.omegadrivers.net) work without doing anything, just install them like you would on an ordinary desktop. Also, www.laptopvideo2go.com has just about every driver release with modded inf files. Right now I'm using the 76.50s from laptopvideo2go, and I score ~4300 3dmarks in 05.

Dell is pretty good about updating their other drivers, I haven't had problems with anything so far.

CWynn said:
Yeah, if you read the text above the download, they came from laptopvideo2go.com. They have more than just that one there as well, they have just about every driver release, leaked, beta, and official.
Yes, I know but this place has many drives lot of them will work with laptops and not all of them come from laptopvidoe2go.com.

Laptopvideo to go has all the drivers needed...Im getting around 4400 3dmark 05 on mine with 2 gb of mem...Bf2 is great...settings all on max and 4aa on....Loving it...

dells ok about updating drivers, but not great, thats whyh I just use the nvidia ones with a modded Inf,

Back