• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

There comes a time in every man's life ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

... where he has to to draw the line. For me, that time has come.

ps3quadoi9.jpg

900 is the target but knowing Stanford the average is probably somewhat higher. Add to that the recent introduction of "advanced mode" which was included in the v1.2 client update about 4 days ago, and real world (non extrapolated) numbers are sparse. Advanced mode WUs seem to take a bit longer but not significantly so. You can still do several a day.

In any case I'm too busy gaming on the thing to get anywhere near its peak output right now :)

Oh man, and I just passed you in the stats! I'll be watching my rear view mirror!

Edit: P.S. And I love how you took a photo of 'open' boxes... you're not wasting any time!

So, you put the C2Q in the playstaion3??? :D
Sounds like a fun mod for the veritable mod factory that is nedclocker. I expect a 19 page pictorial and 3 videos after you're done with it.

Oh man, and I just passed you in the stats! I'll be watching my rear view mirror!

Edit: P.S. And I love how you took a photo of 'open' boxes... you're not wasting any time!
Actually, I fired them up on the 20th. My production has doubled to more than 5k ppd but getting up to around 8k with what I have now is just not possible. That's ok though, I'll beat you with longevity eventually. I've done that to countless big producers after folding for this team for 5 straight years :)

why not get a second? they are a lot cheaper than rigs and you can game on them while still doing a lot of folding!
Heh I know your joking but at one point I decided not to have any dedicated folding hardware anymore. All my power comes from my main rig and a rag tag collection of borgs. At one point I had 5 dedicated systems running but eventually decided spending that money on one awesome main rig where I could actually enjoy it for other things made much more sense.

With that said, I neglected to add to the picture the 3600+ based Dell I picked up recently that will fold SMP until I can find a buyer for it. Thanks to it turning in its first WU I might have a 7k point day today.

Nice :beer:

I want a PS3 :( Though i'll prolly buy it used from someone else, i don't want to make a habit of supporting Sony more than i have to :mad:

Congrats on the new gear :p

~ Gos

I want a PS3 :( Though i'll prolly buy it used from someone else, i don't want to make a habit of supporting Sony more than i have to :mad:
~ Gos

hey hey, ps3 is a solid piece of electronics! 340WU going at about 3 a day on average, 23/7 with 1/7 gaming:). All without any hiccups

Well I replaced my old Core 2 Duo in my main rig with it and clocked it up to 3200 mhz. The chip does 3.4 with more voltage and could probably do 3.6 with better cooling but I'm one of those quiet wierdo's so I prefer lower clocks and a near dead silent system :) The somewhat ironic thing about it is the PS3 is significantly louder and since I run it 24/7 folding it's kind of pointless having a quiet system :-/

hey hey, ps3 is a solid piece of electronics! 340WU going at about 3 a day on average, 23/7 with 1/7 gaming:). All without any hiccups

Heh, I'm not questioning the PS3's folding prowess :) i'd LOVE to have one in my living room as part of my ub3r b0rg... not to mention that i'm a ginormus Final Fantasy fan ( Games, not of the entire "genre" )

Since i owned a minidisc sports walkman, and had to install that ATRAC BS all the time... not to mention all of the "interesting" things Sony has done in the past 5 or so years... i just can't justify giving sony any more money out of my wallet.

~ Gos

Better gets those new toys movin'... I'm 10k out as of this morning! :beer:

I would just hate to think my imminent presence on your threat list had anything to do with this purchase. :D

It always great to see a longtime folder drop in :)
...not to mention bringing more quad power to the party :D

:beer: :beer:

Back