• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 Ending (no spoiler)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelkahl

I just finished playing through HL2 and must say that I love this game. It was an awesome game and kept me wanting more till the end. Even then I wanted more and didn't want to see it end. In fact I felt the ending was a bit dissapointing for all that I went through. I guess it just leaves me wanting till HL3 comes out in 5 years.
What did you guys think of the ending (for those who've made it)? Was it what you expected? Was it not enough? Let's hear what you have to say.

The ending simply sucked. The worse thing about the game IMO. Nothing is explained at all. Playing threw the game gave your backstory and what not, but the ending just, ended without telling you anything.

You can basically quit HL2 at any part of the game and it wont change the story because of the ending.

HL2 doesn't have multiplayer, but it does come with Counter Strike which is it's multiplayer game. Half Life (the original) has multiplayer and is fun, but the graphics aren't near as good as they are on HL2. O well. How is Halo 2? Halo was good but I don't have an XBox anymore and haven't even seen it.

michaelkahl said:
HL2 doesn't have multiplayer, but it does come with Counter Strike which is it's multiplayer game. Half Life (the original) has multiplayer and is fun, but the graphics aren't near as good as they are on HL2. O well. How is Halo 2? Halo was good but I don't have an XBox anymore and haven't even seen it.

I have not played Halo2 yet... have a friend who was a Beta tester for it and said he loved it. I 2 have no XBox... yet :)

The ending was pretty dam easy and far to short, infact i was disapointed by the whole games length. Remember valve saying it would be as long as Half Life, if not longer? What complete bull crap that was.

Also through the whole game not a lot is explained, like where Gordan has been since Black Mesa, how the combine got there, some bits of the game were disapointing.

After how well polished Half Life was in terms of storytelling, setting the scene, HL2 sucked in that respect.

If you had read Onis Halflife 2 sticky you would have seen that to prevent Halflife 2 threads taking over the entire forum, discussion was to be confined to certain established threads.

This is where this would have been more appropriate:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=341455

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back