• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does my computer hate motion so much

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

3008wfp + some 23" Samsung
Vista 32 fully updated
some early I7 chip
4gb ram

So during video my screen constantly flickers when there's motion on the screen. It's almost like it can't draw it fast enough. I know it's a big monitor and everything but JFC, there's no way a 4890 can't handle me watching DVDs.

This happens during

WMP playback of any video type, including actual DVDs
PowerDVD9 playback of blu-rays off of HDDs
Netflix Instant(Silverlight
Hulu(flash)
Gaming

It does not happen when I do the full screen visualiztion within itunes, though.

I've tried like 6 different video drivers, including the latest ones that just came out.

Hell even if I scroll quickly in Firefox grabbing the slider and throwing it, exact same effect but way way worse. It takes quite a big to catch up.

-Monitor is set to 60hz(all that's available)
-native res on both
-I've tried uninstalling and removing the 23" and getting it far away from my desk, didn't help
-Monitor driver up to date

I can make a video if necessary.

According to Amazon, it's an 8ms response time. I'm no expert, but if you've tried multiple drivers and it doesn't occur a different monitor, that seems to point to the monitor. :shrug:

Have you tried a different cable? Try the monitor on a different PC and see how it is

Back