• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics Card Advice Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richardcrooks

Hey people, ive just recieved a Dell 24" monitor for christmas with a 1920*1080 resolution. Now i'm not much of a gamer as i play world of warcraft mainly but my problem is in max resolution the game is only running at 30 fps and drops to 20 at times its barely playable. I currentally have a Sapphire X1950 Pro and looking to upgrade and i would like to know what are my best options as im on a budget of £150-£200 and baring in mind I also play Cod 5 and crysis at times.

Thanks in advance,
Richard C

Hey people, ive just recieved a Dell 24" monitor for christmas with a 1920*1080 resolution. Now i'm not much of a gamer as i play world of warcraft mainly but my problem is in max resolution the game is only running at 30 fps and drops to 20 at times its barely playable. I currentally have a Sapphire X1950 Pro and looking to upgrade and i would like to know what are my best options as im on a budget of £150-£200 and baring in mind I also play Cod 5 and crysis at times.

Thanks in advance,
Richard C
Please keep in mind that WoW is very CPU intensive. I run 1920x1200 with everything full out and I can dip below 30 during raids or when there is a ton of people around. Lowering resolution/settings doesn't help, meaning that it is CPU limited; even with my QX9650 rocking at 4.0GHz.

pci-e please. I have noticed that wow is a machine killer but it doesnt seem to be to harsh on my computer when im running it I have a Q6600 running at 3.0GHz and 2GB Ram, which when wow is running is at 1800mb used.

pci-e please. I have noticed that wow is a machine killer but it doesnt seem to be to harsh on my computer when im running it I have a Q6600 running at 3.0GHz and 2GB Ram, which when wow is running is at 1800mb used.
Memory used is irrelevant, I can promise that it is maxing out that CPU.

Back