• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4G smartphones: data xfer rate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I was talking w/a verizon support rep. and he claimed the 4G Razr HD's had xfer rates from 3MiB/sec to 4MiB/sec. So, 24Gib/sec to 32Gib/sec? Is this true? Or BS? Because if it's true maybe I'll just max out my Razr HD's service, hook my Razr HD up to my computer and ditch my U-verse (if that's possible).

I was talking w/a verizon support rep. and he claimed the 4G Razr HD's had xfer rates from 3MiB/sec to 4MiB/sec. So, 24Gib/sec to 32Gib/sec? Is this true? Or BS? Because if it's true maybe I'll just max out my Razr HD's service, hook my Razr HD up to my computer and ditch my U-verse (if that's possible).

i'm sure the rep confused megabytes and bits.

i'm sure the rep confused megabytes and bits.

I'm sure he didn't.
I've seen 20Mbps download speeds on my MAXX HD with Verizon 4G.

Edit: Actually 30Mbps, see later post.

Last edited:
You CAN see into 50Mbit and higher with LTE, but 4G is going to sit at 1Mbit - 5Mbit. LTE is a broadband alternative, but the cost per GB outweighs cord cutting your interwebs for it unless you can get ClearWire or something.

And Verizon is looking at throttling those unlimited plans before you say you have unl. So soon enough they will very well convert all accounts regardless.

1-5Mbps? Not even close to right...

The Verizon rep is spot on, I had forgotten about this screenshot:
Screenshot_2013-11-11-15-55-24.png

1-5Mbps? Not even close to right...

The Verizon rep is spot on, I had forgotten about this screenshot:
View attachment 148314

You are not on 4G there... That is LTE... Big difference which I pointed out above :)

*LTE for ATT added for my current location so I didn't feel left out :p *

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Ah ok, guess that makes sense then. Damn carriers keep screwing with names as it is, thought he meant 4G as similar to HSPA+. Brain fart over here.

Back