• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got an offer for a fan today. :rolleyes: I'm in no position to complain after receiving a 30TB NAS so I'll run it through the paces accordingly. At least it's not a mouse pad (I still don't believe that one).

I got an offer for a fan today. :rolleyes: I'm in no position to complain after receiving a 30TB NAS so I'll run it through the paces accordingly. At least it's not a mouse pad (I still don't believe that one).

I'll trade you. I like fans.

I got another powerline kit... Basically the same as the last one but Netgear instead of TPLINK.

I'll trade you. I like fans.

I got another powerline kit... Basically the same as the last one but Netgear instead of TPLINK.

I've already done TrendNet, Netgear, and TP-Link powerline kits, but I've already wired my whole house. I could make some kind of bizzare tech/Polynesian hybrid necklace out them I guess (actually, I already have a customer lined to buy the TP-Link set that I am testing right now).

I don't really mind the fan, but I already have a few dozen of every shape, size, and quality in stock. If this one is nice enough I'll add it to the rebuild I just did with the X99 motherboard they sent me. I have an open 12x12 grille in the back.

I got my Netgear Powerline adapter today; That's the fastest one has ever shipped. I accepted the review on Sunday, and I got it today. Normally it takes at least an entire week to get here. :shrug:

I was sent a TP-Link PCIe 802.11ac wireless adapter. Bloody good it is too. Now they're sending me a USB version. Wish they'd send me a decent ac router, the one I've got after 6 months or so of good speeds seems to be crapping out on me.

Question. How do you get to become part of Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program and is it the same thing as those that do full blown reviews here on our front pages or is this a simple questionaire?

I wouldn't be surprised if I have gotten one of these invites in my email out of all the years and deleted it by accident.

Nonetheless, I joined their forums. Maybe that might bring me some luck.

Question. How do you get to become part of Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program and is it the same thing as those that do full blown reviews here on our front pages or is this a simple questionaire?

I wouldn't be surprised if I have gotten one of these invites in my email out of all the years and deleted it by accident.

Nonetheless, I joined their forums. Maybe that might bring me some luck.

Hi GTXJackBauer,

I see you have a question about how one becomes a part of our EggXpert Review Program. To answer your question, acceptance into our review program is by invitation only. The qualities that we look in a potential reviewer is one that is not only helpful to the community but one that has written many in depth reviews of products in our forums. I hope this information helps and I encourage you to write as many reviews as you can. Good luck.

-Eugene

Last edited:
Quantity over quality... :(

Classy :rolleyes:

Allow me to quote myself from a few pages back, just so you know how petty it is when post this way:

*snip*

I've got to say that there are some posters with serious sour grapes! Not that they are jealous of the free hardware. They are clearly upset that eggxpert reviews are geared toward consumers and hobbyists, not engineers. They feel that their efforts in other review mediums are diminished :screwy:. I'm glad they haven't posted much lately because they were behaving very sophomoric trying to denigrate the work of eggxperts who were putting in sincere effort. I'm an engineer and own enough o-scopes that I could use a different one each day of the week (and a few load generators), but I know that if my eggxpert reviews were that esoteric, the average newegg buyer would glaze over reading it and not get a thing from it. People who want that much detail know where to find it and won't be looking in user reviews on Newegg.

*snip*

I think the eggxperts on this thread should continue to do the good job that they are all doing and ignore posters who are jerks about it. We may be getting free hardware, but you can't buy biscuits and butter with hardware, so our efforts are essentially free labor.

*snip*

A loud self-endowed sense of superiority does not lend one any credibility or contribute anything to an otherwise productive discussion.

Last edited:
The reviews are on the page of the individual item. Browse to an item (like this one) and click on the "Reviews" tab. Individual users also have a profile page that shows all of their reviews.

Ohhhhhhhhhh........:bang head :rofl: I feel very silly. I really thought it was a review like the uber detailed ones done by our members here.

Yeah, I'll make sure to add some more reviews on items I've purchased there.

Thanks for the clarification Jay. :salute:

I did my review on the powerline adapter. It was essentially the same thing as the last one I reviewed, except a different brand.

Guess I can make that weird necklace thing somebody mentioned in this thread a while back now.

It was a Polynesian necklace!

I've already done TrendNet, Netgear, and TP-Link powerline kits, but I've already wired my whole house. I could make some kind of bizzare tech/Polynesian hybrid necklace out them I guess (actually, I already have a customer lined to buy the TP-Link set that I am testing right now).

*snip*

Be sure to paint little Tiki faces on each of them so it looks authentic! :)

USB dongle arrived (TP-Link AC 600 Archer T2UH) and is actually very good, my only reservation was that it was a bit big.

I got an invite for this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833314150&Tpk=33-314-150

I accepted it already. Looks like a decent router, and I definitely need an upgrade anyway. XD

Dang, dude. They sent us both the same thing again. I just accepted it today. My Intellinet 525251 has been falling down on the job too often lately. I don't even have it ceiling-mounted (it just sits on the corner of a desk that is more or less central in my house) so a pretty dual-band AC router switched into AP mode would be a nice performance and aesthetic upgrade. I hope it turns out to be a good unit.

Back