• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MicroSoft Freebees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It says it under "How to Earn Points"

Do you want some extra credit for your efforts? For every week that you sign in and check out what is new at Windows Mobile™ Training you will be given ten points. Show up regularly and start collecting points for keeping up to date.

Dont feel bad B, I just seen this thread today for the first time. Think I need to get my eyes checked, not really hard to miss someting that says "free".

Last edited:
weasel said:
It says it under "How to Earn Points"

Dont feel bad B, I just seen this thread today first the first time. Think I need to get my eyes checked, not really hard to miss someting that says "free".

Man, I had just used most of my points, I really could have used that keyboard from my HTPC...
:-/

from microsift e mail today:

We have been experiencing some registration issues on the Windows Mobile™ Training site, so we are requesting your help to prevent misuse of the site’s resources.

To ensure that legitimate users of the site are being rewarded for their participation, we are asking users to verify that they are current employees of a company that sells Windows Mobile devices.

Please take one of the following actions to verify your current status:

Complete the attached affidavit form, have the document notarized, and then return it to us at:
Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
P.O. Box 40068
Portland, OR 97240 USA
Send a pay stub in your name from one of these vendors:

Amazon.com, AT&T Wireless, Barnes & Noble.com, Best Buy, Buy.com, CDW Computer Centers, Circuit City, CompUSA, Costco Wholesale Inc., D&H Distributing, Datavision, Dell, Fry's Electronics, Gamestop/Software Etc, Ingram Micro Corp., Insight Direct, J&R Computers, Kmart, LetsTalk.com, Microcenter, MicroWarehouse, MobilePlanet, Motorola, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Office Depot, Office Max, PC Connection, PC Mall, PC Richards & Sons, Radio Shack, RCS, Sears, Shop Toshiba, Shopping.com, Shopping4Sure.com, Smart, Software and More, Software City East, Software Etc, Solutions4Sure.com, Sprint, Staples, Target, Tech Data Corp, TechData, The Wiz, TigerDirect, T-Mobile, Ultimate Electronics, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Megastore, Wal-Mart, Zones

Send the pay stub to us at:
Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
P.O. Box 40068
Portland, OR 97240 USA
Have your employer send an e-mail verifying your employment with one of these vendors:
AT&T Wireless
Best Buy
Circuit City
CompUSA
Office Depot
Staples

Send the e-mail to: [email protected]

Your employer’s message must come from an e-mail account with the company name in the domain.
Please take action within the next 30 days if you wish to remain eligible for current or future rewards.

Umm, I think this should be for future, not current done deals, screwed by bill gates again, I used my own company name and didnt try to fraud them at all, and have worked for some of those companies in the past, the web site was a set up like cops dressed like hookers on a corner.

Hmm. Well hopefully I get an answer back from the places I applyed for work at.... I want my freebees. So does this mean people currently not working for one of the companys listed dont get their freebees they already earned or what?

well i didn't get a message in my email at this time and from what it looks like only the ppl who lied about employment has gotten the email since i did it with 2 email addresses and one i said i worked at radio shack and lied and i got the affidavit and the other one i just typed in none and i haven't gotten it. both are hotmail accounts

I got that email and of course, i also lied. I am waiting for someone more bold than I to sign that form and send it back and see if they get their loot.

someone who works at one of the said companies post a pic of your paystub so i can photshop my name and info into it!!

I think thats a bit drastic. I'm assuming your being sarcastic. It was bad enough we tried to rip off microsoft, even if many people don't like them. They have the right to do this to us to verify whether we are true employees of the said companies. If someone wants to be brave enough to try it, go right ahead, but its not mine or anyone else's fault if you get busted.

Well the next time your in wal mart looking at the pda's make sure you have one of their trained emplyees come and demonstrate them to you LOL, the last time I was in wal mart in that section the 2 employees there were discussing how much it sucks working there part time with no benefits for minimum wage. Maybe microsoft should have an incentive program for the customers that buy there products instead of the people that ***** about having to sell them. :D

I didn't lie. I own my own consulting company (part time gig on the side). I listed it as my employment. Never listed any of those companies. So I will email them later tomorrow and explain to them I completed my registration fair and square and expect my rewards I have earned for taking their training.

rlemieux said:
I didn't lie. I own my own consulting company (part time gig on the side). I listed it as my employment. Never listed any of those companies. So I will email them later tomorrow and explain to them I completed my registration fair and square and expect my rewards I have earned for taking their training.

The only reason they have your own business option is for people who sell these microsoft products in their own business. What would be the point of training someone on microsoft products if they have their own jewelry or dog breeding business? If your business is involved in selling any of the products that you took training for, then by all means your qualified.

well i spent a few hours of my time doing that, and now all of the sudden they decide they want to validate the buisness, they should have had somthing on the page where you filled out what busniness you work for, that tells you that you will have to prove you work for the said company.

Back