• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 4670k overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbobooster196

so for the people that no my other tread, I just bought a 4670k next to my i7 3820.

I think I have a good one.

these are my settings for 4.5ghz coold by a h105 corsair

ratio 45
llc level 6
power phase control optimized.
cpu current capability 120%
internal pll overvoltage enabled
vcore bios 1.1980v
cpu input voltage 1.8v
cpu spread disabled

its itb stable/linx stable and aida stable.

at the moment I will not go any higher for 24/7 use, because in Holland it is hot wright now, ambient temp of 30 degrees Celsius

That's impressive. You should push that chip to the wall once winter comes.

Here's an idea:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670304&highlight=fast+conroe

Check that thread out. If you use the cold of winter (I don't know how cold winter is in Holland but it must be pretty cold) it can really help your temperatures and allow you to overclock higher.

sorry that was not at load that picture, this is.

znx3q9.png.jpg

I now it will do at least for benchmarking 4.8ghz at 1.285v just by manual vcore and mp, all other settings at auto.
in the winter I sure will try hit 5.0ghz but don't forget, I have a h105 and ambient temp now is 27 degrees Celsius

but as you maybe can see in cpu-z it is a engineering sample

sorry that was not at load that picture, this is.

znx3q9.png.jpg

I now it will do at least for benchmarking 4.8ghz at 1.285v just by manual vcore and mp, all other settings at auto.
in the winter I sure will try hit 5.0ghz but don't forget, I have a h105 and ambient temp now is 27 degrees Celsius

but as you maybe can see in cpu-z it is a engineering sample

Engineering samples usually clock higher on lower voltage than production chips. Regardless, you got a decent chip there. You should open all your windows when winter comes and see how high it will go.

Or, take it out on your balcony or outside your house with a really long extension cord and run it with the fresh breeze blowing on it. I got really impressive temperatures when I had my computer in a 2 degree celsius room. I was able to clock really high and only top out at about 30 degrees celsius.

I even dropped the vcore to 1.190v in bios, shows as 1.193v in cpu-z

CPUZ reads VID for vcore on Haswell chips and the actual load vcore will be a little higher than what it is showing. If your board has voltage read points you can check it with a multi-meter. HWINFO64 will show both VID and vcore if your board has a sensor that can read it but this is still a software reading and a motherboard's voltage read point will be more accurate.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64 4770K.PNG
    HWiNFO64 4770K.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 92
I now that, just saying that it is on 1.190v in the bios, and in cpu-z 1.193v, because there are always people that say you don't run on 1.190v but on 1.193 hahahaha

2zi8n7s.png.jpg

Back