• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance vid-ttnx2 and 780 ti thermal pad help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nashiem

Registered
I meant to say Koolance VID-NXTTN2

I am doing my first water cooled system, I have been building systems for 15 years. I have 3 evga 780 ti's I have already taken the heatsink off to replace the stock tim.

My question is has anyone used the koolance gpu block before, it comes with thermal pads .7 and 1.0mm, but the pads are crap. I bought some really good ones from frozen cpu, and could only get them in .5 and 1.0mm.

I don't know if .5 will be thick enough and if the 1.0 will be too thick. From what Ive herd the .7 is a good size, but only koolance makes a .7. the difference is like night and day. the koolance pads are 1.5w/mk while the new pads I got are 11w/mk.

If anyone is familiar with this setup please leave a note, my koolance exc-800 liquid chiller will be in tomorrow and I want to put the water cooling in place.

It appeared to be 1mm, but since the new waterblock is a completely different setup than the refrence NVidia cooler, I can not go by that.

the refrence cooler block is independent from the rest of the block, allowing it to be lowered to the correct height for proper contact. The koolance water block is fully intact.

Do a dry mount of the Koolance gear and see if the 0.5mm pad makes contact.

that is what I was going to do, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, because I want to make sure the thermal pads make proper contact, but Im not sure how to know, other than the impression on the pad.

Back