• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen no post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you just got it then I would personally take it back. Microcenter for one will let you return it even if you did drop it and break a pin.

As for amazon I am sure they would also let you return it, newegg on the other hand probably wouldn't.

Anyways that would be my first recommendation. It is new so try to return it, most stores expect to have a few damaged during installation and will just send it back defective to intel anyways. Give it a shot, the worst they can tell you is no.

NewEgg will let you return for an exchange but no refunds, most places I know of will not refunds on computer parts but will exchange them .

As for using wire to replace a broken pin, be careful. The pins on AM4 and AM3+ are not the same size (see pic below)

AM4vsAM3plus.jpg

Best bet is get a replacement.

Teaching people to lie! Shame on you Dolk. Thought you where better than that......... :(

I would normally agree with this sentiment, but when it comes to a new expensive chip.. I would claim ignorance all day. "I don't know why it looks like that, I'm almost positive it came that way! Why would you sale me a product like this!"

I would normally agree with this sentiment, but when it comes to a new expensive chip.. I would claim ignorance all day. "I don't know why it looks like that, I'm almost positive it came that way! Why would you sale me a product like this!"

Exchange a product you damaged is theft.:mad:

Exchange a product you damaged is theft.:mad:

Correct in a sense, but not in this situation.

The situation that is considered theft is if you have a broken item, you go to the store and buy an identical item then place the old damaged one in the package and return it for a cash refund.

I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread because this whole thread seems like its about to go south.

I did not suggest to bring the CPU back to the store. You RMA to AMD asking for warranty replacement. They can fix broken pins on a CPU. Its not a very difficult thing. The CPU is most likely fine, the silicon can survive such.

TGrable,

Your parents failed.

Your post can stand so everyone can see what moral standards you have

Otherwise the situation appears to be resolved so we can close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back