• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC Problems HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arealsparky

Registered
Just finished installing TEC set up on my gpu and cpu via DD Maze 4. First problem was it did not see my promise PCI raid controller. I recalled that MSI Boards had a problem booting cold so I shut down the tecs till windows started to boot and all was well, except it did not see my wi fi card. So I tried a different card with the same result. I got a USB wifi adapter and it worked, restarted the system and it locked at the bios screen, reset the cmos and I got the platinum boot screen, but it still locked. I have know Idea how to get past this, I inserted a bios recovery floppy, but it doesn't even see the floppy, just sees gets to the first line of the bios and stops, PLEASE HELP

lets see...
could be an insulation problem (CPU)
could be BIOS...what BIOS are u using (the "NEWER" ones seemed to solve the "cold boot" problem)

hate to say it but you may have to rip it all down and install an air cooler just to make sure things are all ok...and to flash to a new BIOS (if you need to)

try clearing CMOS (a few times) and rebooting (a few times). ive had similar situation (freezing in or B4 BIOS) and had to reboot/clear CMOS 3-4 times B4 it goes through.

GOOD LUCK!!

does it post ok? is it posting and then freezing or crashing once in the bios?

Do you have temp sensors on the cpu and GPU to confirm that they are actully being cooled properly? You may have the pelt hooked up backwards or something stupid causing the cpu to be heated rather than cooled.

I'm going to try multiple clearing of the cmos, I know it's cooling, the temp sensors I have show LL LL, to low to read, When it did boot the gpu maintained -5c at 549/549 clocks through 3dmark 05, the mobo reads around 30 which seems high but I don't ever think msi temp sensors have worked right it used to read 50 at idle with my 1/2 inch DD Maze 4 setup. I have the boards, pci included with dow corning sealant and then foamed the blocks and added sealing string and dielectric grease for added safety. I have a remote power supply so I know the tecs aren't playing with the voltage. The really wierd thing is it didn't lock till I added the new usb wifi card, coincidence ??? Oh the other thing is it lost the drivers to my saitek keyboard and wouldn't allow windows to update it.

I figured it out sort of, I plugged in a new usb wifi card (linksys 54g) that was what was preventing it from booting, although I don't know how. My ethernet controllers seem to be working, but I'm going to have to see if something is wrong with he old card...keyboard still won't accept driver either. The system was stable as a rock before the tecs, is it common for the installation to corrupt the software???

Back