• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do i need this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

predator500

I was wanting to know if i need this cause i dont have it. I just got a
Mach 1 from a freind and it did not have this so i just need to know if i need this or not cause i want to hook it up to system but not if i got to have this heat element. Please help

Attachments

• heat.bmp
    195.2 KB · Views: 119
Some people will say that you need it, but I have never used them. If your insulation is good enough, you should have no use for them.

mista ting said:
why would u want to heat up ur cpu with that :O?
Its for the back of the CPU socket to keep it from freezing.

I personally think its a gimick and will only add to your PC's heat. If everything is insulated properly it shouldnt be a problem

Thank you everyone for your help. Im going to hook it up and see what the temps are running under load and ilde then maybe next week im going to have it regasest nut i thank all of you for your help

Dielectric grease is your friend in this situation. Grease the back of the cpu socket, especially all the solder points, then some insulation and you will be set to go.

I got problems with condensation on my mis board on the back without it. I was using neopreme and not using it did not drop the CPU temp at all. I use it now.

Back