• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TrackIR, really worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Looking at getting TrackIR + TrackClip PRO, was just wondering if anyone around here has one and how well it works for you.

LOL, no. Unless you are disabled and using a mouse and keyboard are impossible... I wouldn't get this.

LOL, no. Unless you are disabled and using a mouse and keyboard are impossible... I wouldn't get this.

No, I'm not disabled. I do plat a lot of Arma 3 and just considering the extra (if any at all) it would give by allowing me to look around while keeping my gun facing in front of me. Yes, I can press ALT down and look around, but I'm thinking of it being more of a realistic thing more than helping me play better.

I use it for iRacing, and other racing games, worth every penny for that.

I use it for iRacing, and other racing games, worth every penny for that.

Do you use the TrackClip PRO or not? Thinking about getting it since I get $20 off the total price.

I believe it's just a matter of personal opinion, and since they have the 30 day trial, I guess it really can't hurt to try it.

I don't use the TrackClip simply because I have a wireless headset.

I don't use the TrackClip simply because I have a wireless headset.

Makes sense, appreciate the responses. I'm currently using an older Razer Carcharias headset. (Mine doesn't light up on the sides and when I bought mine, it didn't say Xbox/PC Gaming on the package like it does now) So the extra wire isn't going to be an issue.

Just really thinking on if I should try it or not. I'm using 3x 24" monitors setup in Eyefinity mode so I think it will be a neat experience for me.

I'm still finding a want for TrackIR with my triple screen setup, 3x U2414H monitors, because I got used to it on my single screen.

I just haven't hooked it back up yet because I'm going to be mounting a fourth monitor.
Actually, that's going on the list for tonight.

I guess with using triple monitors and already being able to see more on the field, it would help me in Arma 3 with being able to see even more without having to move my mouse around. That way I could check more of my surroundings.

I guess with using triple monitors and already being able to see more on the field, it would help me in Arma 3 with being able to see even more without having to move my mouse around. That way I could check more of my surroundings.

Yeah, triple helped me a lot with car placement since I can see walls/apexes better, but I still want to be able to look out completely beside me.

If you do any racing/flight games, definitely try it for that in your 30-day window. That's where TrackIR originated.

I don't really play any racing/flight games. About all I play where TrackIR would benefit would be Arma 3.

I don't really play any racing/flight games. About all I play where TrackIR would benefit would be Arma 3.

I found value because I use it for at least 5 games currently.
If you play Arma 3 a lot, and will continue to, it could be nice for you.

Back