• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7970 sends uncompatible video as default

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scph9002

I got a panasonic st50 plasma but the default video that my 7970 sends is not supported or glitchy, i think it is 640x480 50hz.

When I start windows it display a wierd digitalized mishmash of colors until I get to the desktop and the drivers are loaded then I get perfect picture, If i do a soft reboot I see the windows logoutscreen throughout the entire rebootprocess... the last "valid" picture seem to be stored in the tv :p
using hdmi-> or dvi->hdmi yields the same results, tried a couple of other werid combinations with converters and mini hdmi's and stuff to.

So this means I cant enter bios with this tv and my graphicscard.

I got a p8z68 mobo and if I hook up another monitor, enter bios and setup the onboard graphics instead I can eneter bios np when using that with my tv.

What i think I need is a special gpu bios that is edited so It sends a different resolution and hz then it does now.

I got the latest bios for my mobo

halp plz =(

Last edited:
anyone please?

Even tried to email AMD customer support.. big misstake -.-
They asked me to try to reinstall windows and try the lastest graphic driver.. wtf?

My 42 inch 720p panny plasma's native resolution for a computer is 1024x768 as reported by the manual, however I haven't actually tried to hook it up with my desktop - if I remember, I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

Back