• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

passive cooled cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I definitely inferred that, yes.

You mentioned this already... I wouldn't think those fans to be loud, no. There are likely reviews of those or at least a rated db level if you take a look around...

Is this the "shark" fans you are talking about?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835129055

http://www.amazon.it/Aerocool-Shark...ell&keywords=ventole+aereocool#productDetails

i cannot really find the 7750 1gb gddr5 fan noise level in decibels anywhere :bang head

So that is a 'yes' then being the same fan... mine has db ratings on it for you to look at. ;)

I doubt its going to be loud... its a low power card with a decent size fan on it...

Just get it already is my take. ;)

Only skimmed...

Consider the gtx 750 or 750 Ti... Actual decent performance, just as low power draw, and super quiet. I've yet to come across one of these from any vendor that I could consider loud. And this is coming from someone who has in line resistors in place for all fans, which are already low rpm in the first place. :p. My gtx 750 Ti evga single fan is dead silent even under full gaming load, and I top 65? Degrees ish?

Only skimmed...

Consider the gtx 750 or 750 Ti... Actual decent performance, just as low power draw, and super quiet. I've yet to come across one of these from any vendor that I could consider loud. And this is coming from someone who has in line resistors in place for all fans, which are already low rpm in the first place. :p. My gtx 750 Ti evga single fan is dead silent even under full gaming load, and I top 65? Degrees ish?

OP said:
(do not tell me to get other cards, because i want this one.)

I'm with Mjolnir. lol.

You'll be way way way happier with the 750 or the 750ti. Failing those, you should maybe consider building a custom case, with a single large, slow fan. It will make your dream of computing silence more... workable.

So that is a 'yes' then being the same fan... mine has db ratings on it for you to look at. ;)

I doubt its going to be loud... its a low power card with a decent size fan on it...

Just get it already is my take. ;)

i would buy a 750, but the 750 requires an external power connector, consumes more then a 7750 and i guess it heats more.

and also, i hate evga and i would never buy their garbage. i had a terrible experience with them recently.

That's weird. Most laud EVGA for the impeccable customer service and support...not to mention their products, especially GPUs are not garbage.

Heh, that's kinda funny, since I was just recently bemoaning EVGAs failure to sell amd graphics cards, owing for their exemplary build quality. You may have gotten the low-probability lemon, I wouldn't judge them for it.

I've thought some more, looked around, and if you're really wanting 30fps at 1024x768, with graphics at minimum, the 7750 with a massive aftermarket cooler might be just the ticket.

This might be the right cooler, but I have very little data on them. Take a look, and see what you think.
http://www.arctic.ac/us_en/accelero-s1-plus.html

That's weird. Most laud EVGA for the impeccable customer service and support...not to mention their products, especially GPUs are not garbage.

ok no.. i am wrong...the gtx 750 zotac does not require a 6pin connector.

and does all the gpus with only a fan and not two fans, overheat? what worrys me is the heatsink being so little

41HXRXnCL0L.jpg

will this gpu handle next gen games at 1024x768 minium settings 30fps? and no, i am not going for the TI version, because readon 7750 to gtx 750 is twice, but 750 to 750 is a tiny upgrade and i don't feel like spending more for a little difference

No, all the GPU's with one fan do not overheat... where did yo uget that from? You need to understand that the cards you are using a budget/low end. They do not product a lot of heat/use a lot of power. So they do not need large heatsinks to dissipate a ton of heat.

I have no idea what next gen games will bring with your curious and incredibly low 30FPS FPS lock you want. Truth be told, most people would be pained to look at 30FPS and by most accounts is the MINIMUM for fluid game play. At that low low res, it could... but again, who knows... My suggestion is to get the best card you can afford and not the cheapest quietest thing that will do the job.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_750_and_750_ti_review,22.html

it looks like the GTX750 series of cards can handle modern games at decent framerate; of course not at incredible high settings. Will this card work for you, I'd say yes it'll be ok. you can ALWAYS turn down the fan speed curve on the card and this will lower noise.

((You have to realize you're on a website where we usually buy two or three gtx780 TI and DRIVE THEM TO THE MOON, so not the best site for thoughts on low power / lower end gaming.))

To add to that... in the case of the 750Ti, some do come with an extra power adapter... however it may not actually pull more power, it just takes the load off the PCIe slot. Nvidia cards are neutered a bit with thier power limit anyway. ;)

To add to that... in the case of the 750Ti, some do come with an extra power adapter... however it may not actually pull more power, it just takes the load off the PCIe slot. Nvidia cards are neutered a bit with thier power limit anyway. ;)

i play fps capped at 30 games from when i had my nvidia gt6600 and single core setup, so i am comfortable with it, it's because, i never had a very good setup, so with my cheap computers fps drop are often seen if i unlock, like from 60 to 45, and that hurts my gameplay way more then fixed 30..i still see 30 to 25, but i can't even notice it...

i am going to buy the card and update the thread. (gtx 750 and not 750 ti, because i want to invest into fans and play at lowest settings)

I have no idea why the drop from 60 to 45 is worse than a constant 30FPS...

This thinking is so backwards to everyone else I am just not sure what to say anymore...

I have no idea why the drop from 60 to 45 is worse than a constant 30FPS...

This thinking is so backwards to everyone else I am just not sure what to say anymore...

Actually its not. I had read a report some time back where the perceived drop from 60 - 45 fps is noticeable as a slight studder. This is even after accepting the fact that 45 fps is just as playable as 60 fps if the fps remains constant. The gist was that having a capped fps even if its slower, can give a perceived smoothness above faster fps that fluctuate.

I will add, however, that the 750Ti could be set to 60 fps with the same low settings and you will get a more precise gaming experience.

Thanks for that take... I do recall this is part of the reason for NVIDIA's Adaptive vsync as well... :)

Outside of MMO's or RTS though, I need over 30FPS. 30FPS feels like constant stuttering to me, especially in FPS.

Thanks again! :)

instead of a 7750 to try to keep it quiet get a 7850 and downclock it
I run two cards in sli and when I get tired of hearing them i underclock them and shut the suckers up.

Thanks for that take... I do recall this is part of the reason for NVIDIA's Adaptive vsync as well... :)

Outside of MMO's or RTS though, I need over 30FPS. 30FPS feels like constant stuttering to me, especially in FPS.

Thanks again! :)

sorry if i disturb you, but you look smart to me, wich of these would you buy, judging only by the cooler (and previous experience with brands) excluding all ti models and evga, and overclocked ones

51WQTG2ixrL.jpg
81-vJs6ICkL._SL1500_.jpg
51B1nkDBZgL.jpg (gainward is cheapest, 95euros)
41P4SKuMkML.jpg

Last edited:
I'd probably roll with the asus or giga.. Evga is pretty good. Your anger towards evga is relatively unfounded. Sure you might have gotten a bad one, but they all put out bad ones now and then, even amd.

Back