• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office XP to WordPerfect Office 2000 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

OK, my friend's made a file, which he wants to send me, in Word 2002. Problem is I have WordPerfect Office 2000, and everytime I try to open his file, it says "blahblah unknown file type" (it's a *.doc document) what gives ?? the same file can open on Word 97, but not on WordPerfect 9 ?? which btw is newer than Word 97 ... Any help with that ?

I bet M$ took the time to create a converter that takes a Corell file to M$, but Corell didn't do the same for Office XP files.

Could your friend use the save as feature in Office XP? It gives the option to save as Word Perfect 5, 5.1, and 5.x.

Disputant said:
I bet M$ took the time to create a converter that takes a Corell file to M$, but Corell didn't do the same for Office XP files.

Could your friend use the save as feature in Office XP? It gives the option to save as Word Perfect 5, 5.1, and 5.x.

Corel did create an import filter for Office XP ...... for WordPerfect Office 2002 :mad: Anybody knows how to open a Wise installation thinggy to rip out the import filter ?? :D cuz they made a hotfix for WPO 2002, in Wise Installation, and I can't rip it out of there :(

They didn't include a WordPerfect conversion? Run Setup again and look at the filters/converters, I can't believe they didn't include that one when they have some totally useless ones.

donno, didn't really look into that one, but it had automatically taken control of all the file types, but then when I tried to open a WPD document, it said there was a missing filter that was necessary or something like that. then I formatted my harddrive, and since that time I didn't install it anymore

Sounds about right. I'm not sure if there are different filters for importing and exporting, but if not then it'll have one. You just have to install it. Usually it's marked as uninstalled but will install when you try to use it (I don't have OXP, going by 2K which I assume is quite similar) unless you unchecked that when you installed. I'd run the setup again and have a look, worst case is you waste 2 minutes.

srimmer said:
Why don't you have your friend save in rtf format. It preserves most Word formating, and is more compatible with other word precessors.

I **think** we tried that one too (can't remember, it's been a week +), and it didn't work either

Back