• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Ram Suggestions! Upgrading to 2 GBs. currently have BH 5 Mushkins.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V6 Knight

Registered
As the title says, I am upgrading to 2 Gigs. I read thru this entire forum hoping to see if this has been answered but since it was not here i am. Now, on to my question. I currently have the famous Mushkin Winbond BH-5 chipped Lvl 2 PC 3500 black pcb ram. these are the 512x2 installed. If anyone has this ramset, which 512x2 combo should i go for? I was looking at some 1gbx2 sets also. should i just buy a whole new set or is there a known compatible ram set out there that will work with the mushkins i have now. and just in case, i want to use mushkin brand if using my current ram.

If there are any more questions please ask. Thanks!

speed bump said:
What are you going to be running it in? What is your budget?

Tell us that, and we can probably tell you what kind of ram would be best for you.

I am running it on:

CPU: P4 [email protected], Cooled By Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu
Mobo: Asus P4P800 Deluxe
RAM: Mushkin Level 2 PC3500 1 GB [2-3-2-6]
Video: Sapphire ATi X800XT Platinum Edition

my budget is anything lower than 250.

Thanks for your help!

Are you sure those are BH-5 and not CH-5 BH-5 is 2,2,2,5 timings CH-5 is 2,3,2,6 timings? What are the rated timings on the sticker?

Personally with a p4 I might look for a different type of ram other than BH die becuase they benefit alot less from tight timings than Dothans and AMDs do.

Mushkin 1gb kits of BH-5 ussually come up on ebay for about $160 to $200 depending on the day. CH-5 can be had for $120 a gig on ebay and other places.

okay, now my question is, which 2 gb kit should i go for? same price range of 250 and lower. im looking at the mushkin and OCZ one for now. any others?

Back