• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st HELLO!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barre

Registered
1st HELLO! + a DFI mb problem

Hello everybody! This is my first time here!
no applause? ok, let's get to the business.

I need (I suppose we rookies always begin with needing things, don't we?) the System Health Monitor utility for the DFI P2XLX/e mobo (or any other monitoring utility willing to cooperate :). Just to give it a try I downloaded the W95 version from DFI site but obviously it doesn't work under W98. I hope with the help of this glorious forum I'll be able to run the machine a bit faster and I simply need to know the temps&co. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I prefer Hardware Monitor Pro because of its simplicity. I think you can get it at the link above as well.

barre said:
Hello everybody! This is my first time here!
no applause? ok, let's get to the business.

I need (I suppose we rookies always begin with needing things, don't we?) the System Health Monitor utility for the DFI P2XLX/e mobo (or any other monitoring utility willing to cooperate :). Just to give it a try I downloaded the W95 version from DFI site but obviously it doesn't work under W98. I hope with the help of this glorious forum I'll be able to run the machine a bit faster and I simply need to know the temps&co. Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the fourms, may your stay be a pleasant one :)

and nope no applause, that means I would have to take my hands off the keyboard :D

I'm wondering if you've tryed motherboard monitor or computer nurse?

I myself use hardware monitor, and have my temp prob bent up against the middle of the chip tightly with a dap of heat sink grease between 'em.. so far I'm getting very accurate readings on my vp6, from what I've tested with-in 1 c or so :)

-Trek

Zero temps! :)

I've tried a couple utilities from tweakfiles.com, installing no problem but all values (temps, voltages, fan rpm's) are zero! Could it be that there are no sensors on the mobo? That doesn't make much sense - the system health monitoring utility by DFI does exist, only this particular piece does not have it :(

Back