• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4k 39" monitor for $400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It might be a pile of bovine excrement, but it's only a C note over a 27" 1080P LED monitor. I suppose if it's the going trend to lower the prices of 4k monitors/TVs the price will show up again at a later date when there's more data points to study. If I had the $400 to blow today, I'd take the chance. The color issues can be mostly corrected in the software. I mainly want a huge high res desktop to work on. The video would be secondary and I'd likely bypass the TV's built in 4K Upscaler. I'm not a gamer so 30 fps isn't a deal breaker. I think it goes up to 120 Hz at lower resolutions.

BTW I've spent some time over at Best Buy looking at 4k monitors and the curved monitors grow on you. When you get real close so you can see all the details, the curved monitor has a better viewing perspective. The flat one is best for a living room with multiple seating positions that are more distant.

Last edited:
Reading the reviews from the egg it seems decent if you absolutely need it for productivty. The 30hz might be a drawback even in a base windows setting as you'd likely notice some mouse lag which would annoy the crap out of me. That's insane that 4K is here though for only 400. I paid 500 nearly 2 years ago for 2560x1440. Given my 2560 is working fine I'll hold out for a 4k 60hz DP model for 400 (probably be 2 years). But if you're only on a single 1920x1080, try and cripple it to 30hz and see if you can stand it, if you can I'd jump on this deal.

It's a well known monitor. It does 1080P at 120hz but 4k at only 30hz.

For $600 you can get a Samsung 28" 4k monitor, but make sure it won't be too small for you (It's around 160 ppi I believe)

I'm still on a Samsung PVA 19" @ 1280x1024 LOL.

If I consider a 24" 1080P monitor to be the minimum usable size then even that 39" 4k is pushing the 1080P equivalency down to <20" each quadrant. I think that would be OK as anything larger would be in excess of three feet wide on my desktop. I can spin my chair and move my head a little side to side when needed to see every detail up close.

However I think that 0.25 sec mouse lag might be the main deal breaker. That isn't accounted in the 30fps. There's something else going on to cause that.

Last edited:
Back