• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE6II- Pci divider doesnt seem to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCrow

I have a Abit BE6II w/ PIII 700 @ 798 - 192 sdram 133Mhz, a TNT2 M64 32mb, a Sound Blaster 512 and a 3com 10/100tx NIC.
I have the lastest bios on my mobo but the divider for pci doesnt seen to be ok...
I have PCI divider at 1/4 but Sisoft Sandra allways says that fsb for PCI is to high.
With 1/4 of the configuration it should be at 28.5 Mhz but Sisoft tells me that its 38 Mhz.

Should I try to update bios again, or update Sisoft instead???
As this happen to anyone?
One more thing: i changed the divider to 1/3 and ran Sisoft again!
Pci stayed at 38 Mhz. The divider seems to be stuck! Is this possible?

Thanks anyway... :(
But in my case the bios settings stay the same every time i reboot! Not like your tekram...

I guess i have to try and bug Abits tech guys...

i think it might be a problem with sandra. it does this when i set mt fsb to 117 1/4 too on my abit bx6 2. i posted something like this awhile back.

It's a bug in Sandra. I had the same sh*t with my BE6-II and Celeron 800. Even when it said 1/3 in the BIOS, Sandra claimed the PCI divider was always 1/4. I knew it wasn't cuz you can tell by the slightly different sounds your HDD makes if it's really out of spec. I currently have SiSoft Sandra professional version 2001.3.7.52, and this one tells me the PCI divider is indeed at 1/3. So try to upgrade your current Sandra version...

Ebola said:
i think it might be a problem with sandra. it does this when i set mt fsb to 117 1/4 too on my abit bx6 2. i posted something like this awhile back.

I´ve found your post, thanks for the tip. Althought im not convinced! Thank anyway.:)

Lancelot said:
It's a bug in Sandra. I had the same sh*t with my BE6-II and Celeron 800. Even when it said 1/3 in the BIOS, Sandra claimed the PCI divider was always 1/4. I knew it wasn't cuz you can tell by the slightly different sounds your HDD makes if it's really out of spec. I currently have SiSoft Sandra professional version 2001.3.7.52, and this one tells me the PCI divider is indeed at 1/3. So try to upgrade your current Sandra version...

I tryed upgrading Sisoft Sandra, but i already have the lastest...
Professional version 2001.5.8.11. Thanks

AmbientFiction said:
I was trying to say maybe its a fault in the bios programming.

Ok, maybe thats an option i have to look upon!
Allthought i think i will downgrade my bios as a last option to solve this!!!

Back