• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cd0 stepping compatible with 440BX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marcus_enbergh

Hi

Does anyone know if Celeron2 and/or P3 with the cD0 stepping is compatible with a MSI BXMaster /w MSI 6905 slotket v.2?
Some people seems to be able to use them, but when I e-mailed MSI techsupport they responded that the do NOT support cD0 and don´t plan to do so in future BIOS realeses either because it´s a "chipset limitation".
Wanted to upgrade from 566(cB0)@112 to 800(cD0)@133, but now I´m a bit confused. Could anyone please explain this!

thank you / Marcus

If you'll ask them the same question about cCO's I'm sure you'll get exactly the same answer cuz both cCO and cDO need the split-plane voltage which is definetly not supported by 440BX. However almost anyone with a iBX mobo is using them without a hickup. Just take care of decent cooling when using these chips on a BX board. btw I'm betting there will even be some converter card for Slot1 BX boards once the Tualatin Celerons come out...

Thanks for the response.

MSI said that they do support CuMine cC0-stepping, and that they had verified the BX Master to work with cpu's all the way up to the 1GHz/133 P3 wich is interesting since 440BX officially only supports 100 MHz fsb.

Well, guess i will give it a try.

/ Marcus

Back