• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ghost image?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsteve0924

Cubed Beef Stew Member
i have an Asus lcd monitor vs229 for about a year now. started to get this weird blueish tint on the right side. i thought i was going crazy until i saw this after my blank screensaver popped up. see that red discoloration on the right side?

i already started the RMA process with Asus and they will be sending me a new one.

i have a speaker set up right next to the monitor on that side. could the magnet in the speaker have caused this?

also, you can't see it in this image, but bleeding through the black screen i can sometimes see what i guess is a screen image of whatever is was recently viewing. what's weird is that the image is not from any program that is currently open. it could be a screen image from something i was looking at hours ago.

how in the world is the monitor "remembering" that image?

hopefully i explained that decently.

Magnetics should not make a bit of a difference on an LCD/LED monitor. It is not a CRT. ;)

Burn-in or ghosting is the right term.

Below is how to host images internally so all can see (blocked at work for me... and 3rd party hosted images go away from most sites after XX amount of idle time.

OCFinsertimages.png

Back