• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding a phone handset for pc use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was going to say I was sorry, I went over it all and found what I was looking at wrong. But since you wanna jump all over me Ill just remember this and move on...:mad: .

Anyway since I was thinking about a fully functional phone the simplicity of what you were saying just made me take something and run with it and not look at what was going on. I looked at this topic the wrong way and didnt look things up for accurate info I went off info that I coudlnt clearly remember and havent fully tested.

So if anyone else has a problem with me get my aim name and lets talk;)

miao said:
what model of phone is this?

It's a NorthWestern Bell desktop phone with digital answering machine, or rather just the handset from one. Digimate 1660.
I like to have one corded phone for power failures etc..

Oh, one thing I'd forgot to mention, the green/red pair are the center two contacts in a plug, the yellow/black are the next two out. For six pin jacks and cords, blue/white are the third pair (the outermost two pins).

Ya'll have a great night.

Hey buddy, there's no problems. I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping all over ya...sorry for that.
It's all good!:)

wont work with pots (plain old telephone service) handset

The microphone from an old style land line phone is a carbon compression mike. When spoken to the carbon compresses and varies the resistance of the mike. in order for this to work there needs to be a voltage on the mike. this is not available from the 3.5 mm port on your device so it wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back