• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Crack Of The Whip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think some of the higher end sounds cards there are that bad, I've read on Head-Fi that the ASUS Xonar STX is essentially the same as the E9/E7 combo from Fiio.

Yea you're right, but for the price of one of those things (close to $200), you can find something better for around the same price or maybe a bit more.

I have a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC11 that I picked up used for $240 in perfect condition which is absolutely awesome. The tube is a big big improvement. I'm running a toslink from my Asus mobo to it and I also have a Squeezebox Touch for my hardcore digital listening sessions hooked up via digital coaxial. The real listening sessions are strictly though LPs :)

For my gaming sessions I'm going to be setting up my Onkyo 5.1 system which will get the audio via my GTX680's HDMI out.

Back