• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

660 vs 750 ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

which would you choose? I may have a bad video card that needs placing, a 460 se, so im looking at a good upgrade option in this range.

The GTX 660 is definitely faster overall, but the difference isn't major and both are good cards for the money. Here's how I'd sum it up:

-The GTX 660 is around 10% faster than the 750 Ti overall, but the 750 Ti is far easier to overclock.
-An overclocked 660 will still generally outrun an overclocked 750 Ti, but by an even narrower margin.
-GTX 660 will have a clear advantage in memory intensive functions due to faster bus. Increasing texture resolution and MSAA will have a bigger impact on performance with the 750 Ti vs. the 660.
-The 750 Ti uses less than half the power of a 660, so PSU requirements will be lower and your PC will use less electricity

Been test driving my 750Ti with the 337.50 beta drivers, massive DX11 boost in most games, F1 2013, SWTOR, BF4 and GW2 lets me play it with the same settings I had using my R9 280X, but I had to turn down settings in Planetside 2, GTA4 and Red Orchestra 2 and whatnot. The 660 would give similar results.

However if you're looking at cards around the $180-200 price range (where I am at least) also add the R9 270 to your list.

Back