• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Agility SSD price on newegg shell shocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Solid deal. If I didn't just Ebay my vertex, I would get this. I'm really happy with the Vertex though. Amazing stuff.

Order it two hours ago and here is to hoping it ships with 1.5 firmware :)

Thanks for the comments.

just wish they weren't so expensive for so little storage...lol If it was double that in size would love it...lol I've not used SSD but from what I've read & such I would totally love to switch, but the prices for the storage you get just isn't worth it to me at the moment...

IMO, that isn't true. I thought I would need more, but I recently "ebayed" a 60gb vertex and this size is perfect for an OS. I have most of my programs (browser, archiving tools, image tools, music player, antivirus and a few other) installed and I am using a whopping 16Gb's. Hibernation is off and I am backing up to a separate drive.

To be honest, there is no need for a SSD larger than 60-100gb's. There are other fast ways to store data and files.

IMO, that isn't true. I thought I would need more, but I recently "ebayed" a 60gb vertex and this size is perfect for an OS. I have most of my programs (browser, archiving tools, image tools, music player, antivirus and a few other) installed and I am using a whopping 16Gb's. Hibernation is off and I am backing up to a separate drive.

To be honest, there is no need for a SSD larger than 60-100gb's. There are other fast ways to store data and files.
Is that so your pc starts up faster, sound like a waste to me. because games take-up allot of space so does photoshop and allot of programs. that's what I call usable storage.

Aren't you on a laptop with a 60gb...? And you could just buy a mechanical drive if you need more than 100gb's of space on a laptop.

...and if I didn't have a file server, I would be very unhappy. With all my programs and important (school) files, I have about 10GB free. There are very few pictures, music, and videos on my notebook. Sure I could carry around an external if I wanted to keep all my data with me, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having a portable pick-up-and-go notebook.

But yes, I suppose if I simply wanted more storage space (and did not know how to set up a file server), I would probably not want/know about SSDs anyway.

Is that so your pc starts up faster, sound like a waste to me. because games take-up allot of space so does photoshop and allot of programs. that's what I call usable storage.

I suppose you have a point. The one I see you're making is that no one should by a solid state drive. Since having your computer and applications load quickly is a downfall, I shouldn't have wasted my own money. My bad. And IIRC, I have 1.3Tb of space for anything else I want.

...and if I didn't have a file server, I would be very unhappy. With all my programs and important (school) files, I have about 10GB free. There are very few pictures, music, and videos on my notebook. Sure I could carry around an external if I wanted to keep all my data with me, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having a portable pick-up-and-go notebook.

But yes, I suppose if I simply wanted more storage space (and did not know how to set up a file server), I would probably not want/know about SSDs anyway.

Very true. I agree with you 100%. I don't own a laptop and probably won't until college (three years) so I can't comment much on this.

60GB on a laptop isn't enough for me, I use 100GB on games, 250GB on music and 50GB more with applications and OS... My laptop starts up pretty quickly anyway, within a minute at least which is faster than my desktop.

I should probably change my original statement. I meant to say that 60-100gb's of SSD space is more than plenty on a desktop since you can have multiple drives. In the case of laptop, you are confined to one drive unless you have an external drive to plug in and most people don't want to carry one around.

I should probably change my original statement. I meant to say that 60-100gb's of SSD space is more than plenty on a desktop since you can have multiple drives. In the case of laptop, you are confined to one drive unless you have an external drive to plug in and most people don't want to carry one around.
You should of said 60-100 GB is plenty for some people. People like me will wait till I can get all my applications i'm using on one drive, i'm not paying a hefty price for only half the speed.

To each his own, when something does not save me any real time and it's vary expensive I love not buying. I don't care if it takes 4 years for my first jump into SSD market, by then they will be incredible. It gives me something to look forward to.: burn:

That I can agree with. You like to have all your applications on one drive. I do also and I have all mine on the SSD. I just use less programs/ smaller ones. And I agree, we don't pay a huge price for the mechanical drives these day (speed wise), but having a drive large enough for programs and still fast enough to go from POST to desktop in 12 seconds is nice to have. I have the other drives for data storage. 😏

Back