• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Https websites giving SSL errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

Hey all, so im currently on my younger brothers newly build computer and https websites like google, hotmail/outlook, facebook, etc, are constantly giving the SSL errors. Yes I fixed time and date, both in bios and in windows, also corrected the timezone. It does it in both internet explorer and chrome. What could be the problem?

Here is what it shows as an example when I try to go to hotmail/outlook:
The server's security certificate is not yet valid!
You attempted to reach login.live.com, but the server presented a certificate that is not yet valid. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate can be trusted. Google Chrome cannot reliably guarantee that you are communicating with login.live.com and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, July 5, 2014 11:58:16 AM. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

"Not yet valid" tells me the clock is not set correctly. Even thought you fixed it in Windows, restart so that programs are aware of it.

Still does the same thing after restarting. Thought it was the battery in the first place since I took it off and it was only reading 1v and replaced it with a spare that read 3v. That didn't solve the problem.

Is the time in the BIOS correct? If it is, do a CMOS reset, set the time in the BIOS, and try again.

If you have Windows sync the time, does it work or does it error? Was the battery you put in new?

Just re did the windows sync time, it synced. Restarted the computer, went to chrome, typed in google.com and still got the error. The battery I use was off from another computer.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. If the time is set, the certificate should be valid. It is like the board isn't retaining the time.

Did you check the BIOS like I had suggested? If that isn't holding time, that is likely the issue.

Yup checked it, it was reading "14:18:26" and the date was todays date when I checked it. Don't know if this will help but.. here it goes:
Capture.PNG

EDIT: Found out it was my antivirus... Went and disabled "Scan SSL" and now it works. Don't know why it was restricting me.

Last edited:
Back