• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really annoying problem in Firefox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Hello all,
I think this is the beginning of a rant:
I have noticed something that irritates me to no end..In days gone by, I used to be able to click in the little search window in Firefox and everything previously entered would be highlighted and I could just type in my query and the previous text would dissapear but now, I have to click in there use the right arrow to get to the end of the sentence and backspace until all the text is gone so I can do a new search.
Why did they take this step backwards?

The recent things that Firefox has done has left me scratching my head and wondering why they are shooting themselves in the foot like this.

Is the new CEO of Mozilla there just to sabotage the company? wouldn't be the 1st time a boss has destroyed a company for profit....it makes me wonder if the Mozilla CEO is really working for Google? I mean if FF is going to be so much like Chrome, then why not just have Chrome instead of FF

For me, it wasn't that difficult to click in the window, and if I wanted to modify the search term instead of deleating, I could just click, wait a second or two and click again, and I could edit my query.

Is this new way of browsing the fault of Chrome and everybody wanting to be like them?

Anyhow, I have no idea as to how to fix this little annoyance or is it a "feature".
I'm about to try Opera, but I hear that it is also another Chrome wanabe.

So now I have to clear the search history in order to have a clean window to type into? that is just wrong.

I haven't liked FF since version 28 or 29 maybe earlier but I don't know where else to turn.
Maybe I'll just install Konquerer and run that seeing that I have the KDE desktop...Mozilla cannot change Konquerer (yet) :End rant

Doc, have you used Epiphany Web Browser? It's simple and clean oops but I don't know about the particulars of running it in your KDE desktop. Maybe arora would be more suitable for a Qt environment.

You can not double click to select all of the text and just delete it? - Assuming I understand your post correctly.

Firefox has always had kinda bad management, but the recent event has pretty much shown Mozilla is picking leaders out of politics, and that never ends well.

There's a lot of nice Qt based browsers, Konqueror is the defacto KDE browser.

Last edited:
I'm a chrome fan, firefox is my second go to - their functionality has fallen by the wayside as they try to keep up with chrome- kind of like IE. poorly managed development sometimes shows through.

you might be able to track down an old release of it before the update and go from there.

Back