• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failed - Network error - Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paladine

Registered
Hi folks,

Wondered if anyone could help me in resolving an issue I have. I get a Failed - Network error when I try to download large file sizes ranging from 275 MB (i.e. nvidia Drivers) to 2 GB (Linux Distro ISO files). This isn't everytime, but the bulk of the time that this happens.

Tried:
- Using a different browser
- using a different computer; tried it on my Mac, Linux Box, Windows 7 PC
- I have tried replacing/upgrading/changing to a different firmware on my router
- tried turning off virus scanners
- tried not using the Google DNS servers
- tried using the Google DNS servers

I have a CISCO Cable Modem/router from Shaw Cable supplying the WAN, with an Asus RT-AC66U router for my LAN. I have no problem with Steam game downloads, or playing MMO's.

Appreciate any suggestions folks have. I am in the process of trying to get my old router hooked up to my laptop and see if the issue persists, but at the moment having issues getting the WAN access established with my other router (linksys EA4500).

Thanks

try using download manager software which will resume next time you download the same file from where the error occurred. Also check in internet options if the available temporary memory is atleast 1 gb. If still issue persists, contact your internet service provider customer care and ask them to increase the buffer size for your connection. If still persists, let us know. Also check for enough hard disk free space available on all the partitions i.e windows partition too.

Back