• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Port Forward Linksys EA4500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThermalM16

I have been trying for several weeks now to resolve this problem, but it seems no matter what I do I can not get any port to forward. I have a Linksys EA4500 with the latest firmware, and have been trying to forward port 25565 for Minecraft so I can host a server for my friends. I have read just about every tutorial pertaining to port forwarding a Linksys router, and have not gotten any closer to solving this problem.
a5c626a37404a8a6852b8c6e25d114ac_zpsdf8c3df4.png

If the IP address is correct, it looks like you have it setup right. Have you verified if the port is open to the internet? If it isn't, make sure that you don't have something on your computer that would be blocking it (Windows Firewall, etc).

You might want to hide your IP address in your screenshot. You have verified that nothing is blocking it on your computer, correct? Some antivirus programs come loaded with a firewall, as well. Test to see if the port works internally before touching anything else. If it doesn't work, then it has nothing to do with the router. If it works, then you know it is an option you need to change on the router.

Your system works because the router allows all outgoing connections, and responses to those outbound requests. Port forwarding is required because your system is not making that outbound connection first, so it has to be explicit.

Seeing "closed" is better than "stealthed". "Stealthed" means there's blocking between the program and the internet.

"Closed" usually just means that the server isn't listening on that port.

(From GRC)

Back