• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need opinions! AMD or INTEL, look inside.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The "lowest end" 260 is leagues better than the "highest end" 9800GTX. It would be a $60 well spent.

My friend got that Sapphire 4870, while he does run at a lower resolution than I do, it preforms decently close to my 260 216.

My friend got that Sapphire 4870, while he does run at a lower resolution than I do, it preforms decently close to my 260 216.

It would really be hard to SEE the difference, since it only lags 5-10% behind on average. Both cards are a great choice nonetheless.

-C

It would really be hard to SEE the difference, since it only lags 5-10% behind on average. Both cards are a great choice nonetheless.

-C

Aye, both cards are great choices. Joe, what resolution will you be gaming at? (Sorry if it was already mentioned, just skimmed the post)

you guys sure make things hard for me... jackasses! :)

not trying to be a jackass, just giving you choices. there is no one size fits all card here. Both preform slightly differently depending on the game your going to play...

not trying to be a jackass, just giving you choices. there is no one size fits all card here. Both preform slightly differently depending on the game your going to play...

I think he meant just tempting him for the GTX260/4870 altogether.. he was sticking to the 9800 originally... :D

-D

id go with the 4870 or 4850 if nothing else, so you have the OPTION of going x fire in the future.(you never know), i also just switched from amd to intel and am never going back...

Okay.. NEW list!!! LOL.. This probably wont be the last one! Pretty much I bought my case today for $30.. and he threw in a asus mobo/p4 3.0ghz/1 gig ram/2600XT video card. Im going to sell that stuff to my friend for 50 bucks.. but he also gave me a 600W power supply! Yay..

Intel core 2 duo E8500 wolfdale 3.16ghz
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R mobo
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4850 512MB video card
OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066
western digital 500GB hard drive

Hows that look? Total is $549.34 shipped after rebates. Im selling my current computer to my neighbor for $250, and that extra $50 from my friend.. my new computer will cost me about $250 out of pocket! How you like DEM apples!

i have a thermaltake 450w in my computer now. Would it be fine for running games until i could afford a new PSU?

well either will be fine for stock.. the main thing is getting a known solid psu, not really the wattage of it...

I see. I'm really excited! I want to overclock the E8500 (E0 right?) to 4.0ghz to be 24/7 stable. I will have to get a better PSU first though.

Whats the best air cooling heatsink out there?

Thermalright 120-xtreme,is the one that keeps coming to mind. im sure there is something else out there the can match it i just can thing of the name, still not fully awake yet.

Back