• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair popularity?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime

hey guys just a simple question. Why are corsair psu's so popular? Every other build i see on here is Corsair. I have a rosewill that i love, but corsair seems to have a major market share of the members here.

They are cheap for the quality and warranty, and always deliver the rated power, if not more. Great value PSUs.

There is only one authority on PSU's in my book, and that's jonnyguru.com. This gives a bit of perspective on why people like corsair PSUs:

At this point, I'm starting to believe Corsair couldn't produce a turkey if they tried to. As is the case with every other Corsair unit I've tested, the TX950W has come out a winner. It's a big bad 950 watt unit for an affordable price with nice stable voltage regulation and excellent efficiency. If you're not into modular, what more could you ask for?

Source:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=170

hey guys just a simple question. Why are corsair psu's so popular? Every other build i see on here is Corsair. I have a rosewill that i love, but corsair seems to have a major market share of the members here.

There are several reasons:

1. Good quality
2. Generally great prices overall
3. Modular and non-modular choices galore
4. Every single model Corsair makes passes strict reviews. You don't have to wonder which ones are good, they all are.
5. And the are friggin' quiet

Sticky here listing all top brands with their reviews:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708

Are they the best of the best? Some are, some aren't depending on the model or how many hairs one wants to nit-pick at but they do incur some great sales prices if you shop around. Two of them here (HX520s). Have any failed? Of course but with the volume of owners that have them here, there's not very many by percentage reported. Corsair replacement for failed units has been mentioned to be first class too.

well that answers my questions :)
I took a look at that website as well. and that guys is funny and prety brilliant. thanks for sharing :)

Corsair is pretty good at whatever it does... The 800D case is very nice and their ram is always a solid buy too. Its not necessarily the best, but you know when you buy Corsair that it is quality, backed by a good company.

Another factor that often get's overlooked, They stand behind their products. I had a 520HX die on me, Sent it in and had a replacement in short order. No Hassles, Just courteous customer service.

Another factor that often get's overlooked, They stand behind their products. I had a 520HX die on me, Sent it in and had a replacement in short order. No Hassles, Just courteous customer service.
I had a Corsair PSU that was flaky. If you just barely brushed the 24pin cable, the whole system shut off. Sent just the PSU in and they sent me a new in box replacement. I was impressed...

I bet you'll choose Corsair over other brands based on that one experience too? I've purchased corsair ram ever since my first build didn't work out and the guy from Asus suggested I get some Corsair memory. I got some and my issues were resolved. It was chance that the memory was the root but since then I've always purchased Corsair. :)

I just got a Corsair HX620w PSU for my latest build and I am loving it.

It looks awsome, is super quiet and has awsome flat modular cables.

It also came with a cool little bag for all my spare cables... and there are loads of them.

As others have said... they produce the power that they're supposed to.

Example...

A cheap 750w PSU may only produce 500w of power, have problems with stability and will likely take out other components in your PC when it blows up (Justa matter of time)

A 750w Corsair PSU (or any decent brand... seasonic, antec etc) will provide the full 750w at its stated efficiency and Amps and will likely produce up to 800w or more at peak power. You also get the reasurance of a 7 year warranty onall of their units.

Only thing to watch is rebates, some people have had problems with corsair rebates which took a while to resolve. Ultimately, corsair worked at making it right, but sometimes its a pain in the neck.

Only thing to watch is rebates, some people have had problems with corsair rebates which took a while to resolve. Ultimately, corsair worked at making it right, but sometimes its a pain in the neck.

True, but i think, atleast form my experience, that just about every manufacturer has some mess ups with MIR's now and then.

But with all the good things said im gunna have to have corsair as a heavy consideration in the next build :)

Why are corsair psu's so popular?

Because they don't have a single bad unit in their lineup, and they actively try to keep it that way. They're not the best out there, never were, but they are more often than not the best value out there.

You mean this guy?

That moon... I don't know what its problem is. Never howls back :(

I got a 400CX a while ago, i love it.
Totally silent (unless it's doing case fan duties on a highly overclocked system... my intake fan died and i didn't realize it), nice cables, i actually got my $20 rebate though it took a while.
I don't really have any gripes about it at all.

Because they don't have a single bad unit in their lineup, and they actively try to keep it that way. They're not the best out there, never were, but they are more often than not the best value out there.

That moon... I don't know what its problem is. Never howls back
:(

hahahaha classic!
if thats your website, im very glad i was introduced to it today =D

I use a Corsair PSU for my rig and its awesome! Handles two 4890s, an overclocked cpu, water pump etc... quietly, without issues.

I also have only used corsair RAM and haven't recieved a bad stick or burned out a single one yet (knocks on wood).

Back