• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tales from the Crypt WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hafa said:
Heh...To add insult to injury, the HSF was attached to the Antec low-voltage connector and then the Thermaltake fan controller which was set to low. The fan RPM was aroun 1300. It's really a testimony to the durability of the AthlonXP 2200+, as he ran it like that for nearly 2 years and the CPU still functions!

I think it also has a tremendous amount to do with the heatsink; that looks exactly like a Volcano 7+, I have run a proc without a fan with that heatsink for weeks, no probs. Now given, I wasn't folding with it, but you get the idea.

i have to deal with this sorta thing right now also .. im not the smoker but people in my house are .. i clean and dust my pc every week to make sure it never ends up like that ....

Hahaha. I remember seeing stuff like that at work. Smokers + computers = VERY BAD

I guess the whole problem starts when you go to a LAN party or something like that. I've seen guys demonstrating their cfm rating by holding a cig in front of a suckhole and watching "their comp smoke" .

But again I've to say that it's not smoking alone, as you all said the guys that came up with such "dirty" pcs have pets, and especially cats are known for loosing alot of hair.. so even without smoking these guys should use filters :)

And again I've to mention "You need at least 100 posts..." *wuerg*

Please, will someone think of the computers? WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE COMPUTERS?! :p

that poor volcano 7+... :( is it a 7? Looks a lot like mine. lol

Cerberus2k7 said:
Please, will someone think of the computers? WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE COMPUTERS?! :p

that poor volcano 7+... :( is it a 7? Looks a lot like mine. lol

And JoT gets today's gold star for unidentified heat sink recognition! He hit it right on the head. It's a Volcano 7+.

now thats a cool thing. find things in ur case u didnt even know where there. one day i lookin in my case and whoa i had a puter. where that come from

For those of you in the PC repair business, I would think you would applaud this sort of thing as it keeps your customers coming back ;)

I think one of the cats jumped through the fan!

at first when he said something about a cat and a hsf i thought for sure that a cat had stuck its face or paws in and gotten mauled by a high rpm fan. i'm not sure if this is any less disgusting.

my friend took his laptop in for service recently and the guy opened it up to find enough hair to make a whole cat. they have 5 dogs, 3 cats, a mouse colony, ferrets and some sort of squirrel/chinchilla animals. and all of them shed. but it hasnt killed anything yet. their old computer is some kind of PI or 486, i'm gonna open it up next time i'm there and see what's inside (before he totally upgraded he was complaining of random reboots... hmm)

well this was an interesting thread, rock on

unreal said:
wow that is dirty..get a filter

Yeah, right...just take a look at the filter..."dirty filters don't kill PCs, PEOPLE kill PCs" :)

kcstock said:
For those of you in the PC repair business, I would think you would applaud this sort of thing as it keeps your customers coming back

hafa said:
FWIW, as soon as I saw what I was up against, I took the case outside...took over 2 hours, but no problem, as they will get billed for it

Attachments

• pict1459.jpg
    pict1459.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,351
Back