• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MPICH2 PPD estimate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick0984

I'm mostly running MPICH2 on a handful of computers.

One of which is a Q6600 at stock 2.4Ghz. Can't OC it because it is a company computer.

What kind of PPD should I be expecting? I'm reading conflicting things on different posts. I am running SMP which can be confirmed in FahMon where I see "SMP Gromacs."

I used the '-smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm' set of flags.

I'm only running once instance of the program which starts up 4 processes of FahCore_a1.exe, each utilizing 25% for a total of 100% CPU. However, I'm only getting about 1500PPD on that machine.

Using the VMware/Linux method isn't really an option and was seeing much higher PPD on a similar CPU.

Am I completely off base? Or is that about what I should be expecting?

I dont have much experience with SMP but my e6400 @ stock 2.13Ghz is pullin about 860ppd. So 2 more cores and a little more cpu speed and your almost doubleing my ppd. So Im guessing thats about right.

yes at stock 2.4 I would say that is close to right if it's a 2665 unit the 2653 units should be about 600-800 more ppd.

not that I'm aware of.

if you run vm's with linux you do get different wu's also.

Back