• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help Urgent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norbe

Hi,
I am installing a new system with a MSI KM2M and a 2100+ Toughbreed, hope it's spelled like that, well I cant get it to run.
I turn on the power and after a few secs. it powers of automaticly. I tried everythig, mem is good and I get no Beeps of mem error. PSU is good, i tried with an Enermax 450 also and the same thing. Any Ideas??? Thr FSB is set to 133 by the motherboard's jumper.... so... did anyone ever had this problem?? Please help...

Bust out the mobo manual and focus on the memory and multiplier and voltage settings? Re seat all added components to mobo including memory? Confirm that memory is compatible with your system- ECC, non ECC, speed etc?

Half the time the fix on anything from toilets to rockets has to do with getting something cleaned up or nudged into place.

Good luck.:D

first of all, try to plug in a fan to the cpu fan header on the motherboard, second of all .. make sure the heatsink is seated properly

(and that everything else is seated properly for that matter)

If it still doesn't power up, try to move the jumper over to 100 Mhz and see if you can get it to boot up..

It kind of sounds like you could have mounted the heatsink wrong, and that it shuts down because of high temp. Alternatively.. it could have protection against CPU fan failing and won't stay powered on unless you have something connected to the CPU fan motherboard header.

(by the way.. it's spelled thoroughbred ;) )

The fans are conected properly and the HSF seems fine.... the memory is compatible. The thing is that it shuts of after like 5 secs. Not time to get in bios or anything like it..... Any other ideas.... could it depend on the MBO or the CPU???

maybe try resetting the cmos jumper to do this turn off the system, unplug the power chord to the mobo as well as in the back and put the cmos jumper to reset, then back to normal after a few seconds. Put everything back together and try it again.

I would tend to agree with those thinking the HSF is not on properly (assuming the fan is working correctly). It is probably shutting down to protect the chip from frying!

Back